GM lawyers/Ignition switch news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I not surprised......I have stood in a GMC service department with a $57,000 truck that has a bad front differential just 3000 miles past the 36000 mile warranty and have them look me in the eye and say "tough luck". I can only imagine how ignorant they would get if a customer actually was killed by their negligence.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Why am I not surprised......I have stood in a GMC service department with a $57,000 truck that has a bad front differential just 3000 miles past the 36000 mile warranty and have them look me in the eye and say "tough luck". I can only imagine how ignorant they would get if a customer actually was killed by their negligence.
A differential should be covered under the powertrain warranty.

Here's from GMC's website:

Driveline:
"All internally lubricated parts, final-drive housings, axle shafts and bearings, constant velocity joints, propeller shafts and universal joints. All mounts, supports, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the drive axle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the drive axle (i.e., front differential actuator, etc.)"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog

How is that different than any other auto manufacturer??? You sound as if others have some kind of "Grace period"....And if a Dealer/Manufacturer did happen to cover something out of warranty, That would be an exception NOT a rule.

GM messed up bad with their Ignition Switch issues, And they deserve whatever comes with it. At the rate we were replacing them at a Chevy Dealer I worked at, Everyone knew something was wrong with the design way before someone died over it.

How an engine shutting off killed so many people boggles me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back