Amsoil motorcycle oil vs arc/utv oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new 2016 raptor 700r SE. Went to my local shop to buy oil plug and oil filter. Accidentally grabbed 10-40 motorcycle oil instead of atv/utv. Both are wet clutch safe and have all the certifications my owners manual calls for so what is the difference? Am I safe to use it in my machine or should I return it and get the atv/utv stuff?

Originally Posted By: DataVampire
Had planned on it just wanted to get other opinions in case I get a line of [censored] from amsoil.

If you don't like what you hear from them or if you think they are trying to mislead you, return it. If their answers make sense and you are satisfied, go for it. I don't use it, but it'll probably be fine.

For anyone who wants to know according to amsoil the only difference is the additives in the oil and the motorcycle oil does not have the extended drain interval. Otherwise they can be run vise versa.

He better read up on Amsoils papers. Answer: AMSOIL synthetic motorcycle oils are engineered to provide outstanding protection for up to twice the manufacturer’s recommended change interval or one year, whichever comes first. Unless using an AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter, change the filter based on the manufacturer’s recommended interval. For Big Twin Harley-Davidson transmissions, follow the Harley-Davidson recommended drain interval for synthetic oil up to 20,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back