new uoa shows higher lead after cam exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
With numbers like that with no real problems I would try an HDEO like Delo or Delvac and run 1000 and see whats up.
Oil is cheap the engine is not.

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 0W40 is available here 37.00 for 4 liters.

One last idea does the oil reak of fuel?
Get an uoa done by a lab that can actually read fuel dilution.
Fuel dilution and ruin an oils protection properties.

If you actually changed the cam did you follow the GM prescribed bolt torque pattern? slowly tighten the bolts?

no fuel in oil I work at a Gm dealership and our world certified z06 certified mechanic did all work

Originally Posted By: kirbyman03
didnt know they called the 347 04 vette javascript: void(0)motor a big block?
There was a big block Chev 454 back in the days 454 LS6 Link then they came out with the :small" block engines with the LS6 and 7 in the past decade so I have to ask which but with the oil pump description I now know.

what air filter do you guys recommend Im using the amsoil ea nano filter silicon was a bit high to everyhting seems to be sealed up well

I remember way back in the day, there always seemed to be a high incidence of LT1 engines dumping after a cam swap. Lots of theories went around, but no solutions.

Silicon may not be coming from your air intake. That could be sealants dispersing into the oil, and it sounds like your engine got a lot of new sealant in recent times.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: kirbyman03
didnt know they called the 347 04 vette javascript: void(0)motor a big block?
There was a big block Chev 454 back in the days 454 LS6 Link then they came out with the :small" block engines with the LS6 and 7 in the past decade so I have to ask which but with the oil pump description I now know.

Yes. Big block V8 is dead. Nobody makes one anymore in a production car.

They have, however, done amazing things with the punched-out LS7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back