Remove Gasoilne and other Blowby Gasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
After about 700 mi of venting to atmosphere along with the PCV valve hooked up, the crankcase no longer has pressure. After about 600 mi, the hose/pipe that I hooked up to the vent port that runs to the rear bumper was accumulating fluid somewhere. So I mocked up a catch can. Its spaghetti sauce glass jar that I installed two ports on the lid and put a scouring pad inside as a baffle. After 96 mi there was just a little clear fluid in the jar, no oil yet. The oil level has not gone down yet. I usually dont have to add my first qt of oil till 1800 mi, its gets progressively wore at the oil get diluted. Will see what happens now that the crankcase can vent away the moisture.

Last edited:
You guys are using pumps on engines in good shape. OP is trying to squeeze a few more miles out of a worn out engine. Switch to the cheapest oil and Hit your DIY oil change guys for their good used stuff . Check for easy leaks to fix. You could try Restore, instead of oil, for the next few top offs. Not knowing the history, maybe a diesel flush? A last ditch attempt to free coked rings. I knew a guy who used to commute in a very decrepit 70s Chevelle? sedan that had blow by so bad that he used those anti fouling thingies. on the plugs. Obviously, the LC isnt there quite yet..

After 1800 mi there is no oil in the catch can off the vent to atmosphere port of the crankcase. There is a cream residue and water like substance (it really stinks). The jar to left has what I dumped from the homemade catch can to the right.
IMG_2400_zpswo2w3blm.jpg

Close of of liquid.
IMG_2401_zpsqhcpylvy.jpg

I still have the PCV valve hooked up so I am venting and sucking out the crankcase.
I need to put a catch can on the PCV valve line to see what is getting sucked into intake.

add a few oz of of diesel or MMO in each of the spark plug holes and let it sit over night then replace the plugs and go for a hard drive. then spray some intake cleaner via PCV port then do a quick oil flush to get some of the gunk out.

now that you know everything is clean on the inside run the oil a few hundred miles and then send your oil to get tested to see what is in there.
could be a leaky head gasket causing the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back