AC Delco PF48E cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yvon_la
wow!love these ,i wish acdelco made a pf1237e

I thought you were looking for a filter with a non-nitrile combo valve?

I'm still hesitant to use one of these but I will say
More and more post show they do hold up well,
I would like to know how well they filter? Only test I've
Seen with these showed really poor filtration, but
The construction seems to have improved

welcome2.gif
welcome2.gif
1st off a warm welcome to BITOG,construction does look better , I have run them with no problems ( ecore) on my Buick last summer , ton of hiway miles in WI and MN from 80 + mph to crawling through construction zones in 100 degree temps.I always had good oil reports on the Buick with AC/Delco filters

Welcome.. and thanks for the cut and post.
I have a PF61E - longer version of the PF46E on deck for my next oil change on my Chevy.

I put one of these on my jeep patriot today. Your filter's media is packed so tight I thought it was a P1(jk). You won't have any flow problems with 0w-30.

Originally Posted By: guitarandoil67
I'm still hesitant to use one of these but I will say
More and more post show they do hold up well,
I would like to know how well they filter? Only test I've
Seen with these showed really poor filtration, but
The construction seems to have improved

98% at 25 to 30 micron single pass.

1. This is a short OCI for the filter.
2. The filter has a separate relief valve making it easy for the manufacturer to optimize the nitrile ADBV.
3. Work hardening of the nitrile ADBV may take a few more kms to completely give up performance.
4. With temperatures below freezing, I would migrate to a filter with a silicone ADBV to get more positive valve function.

Though 3100 oci/fci not a torture test, pleating looks good on this one. Note the poppet type bypass on the ecore cage. GM says no to combo valves.

I just put one of these on my Silverado. I noticed what I believed to be a lower oil pressure. I immediately put the usual M1-113 back on and life was good. I'll tell you one thing, the Mobil 1 is a [censored] of a lot heavier built than that e-core. As we all know, it is equivalent to the ACDelco UPF48R The other thing I'm not keen on is the fact that I don't think GM vehicles come with e-cores from the factory.

Last edited:
Unless you have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge it's all in your head. Factory gauges are not overly sensitive....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back