Tesla haters don't like to hear this !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi Executive: ‘I hate to admit it but Tesla did everything right’

Other auto executives didn't praise Tesla, but in their mind they didn't like the way Tesla done their works so well, such that they couldn't possibly surpass the bar Tesla set.

Quote:
In the hyper-competitive auto industry, it's not uncommon to see industry executives take swipes at rivals. And Tesla, on account of it being a relative newcomer to the game, not to mention the fact that it's dead set on shaking up the industry at large, often seems to be the target of subtle and not so subtle verbal jabs.

Quote:
That said, it's somewhat refreshing to hear an auto executive actually give Tesla some props. Recently, Stefan Niemand, the man responsible for Audi's entire EV strategy, relayed a few sweet words about Tesla while speaking at the Technical Congress of the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA).
"I hate to admit it," Niemand said, "but Tesla did everything right."

Specifically, Niemand was referencing Tesla's supercharger network and praising how they were able to get their charging infrastructure up and running as fast as they did. Today, Tesla boasts 3,600 individual Superchargers spread out across 611 Supercharger stations.

Quote:
Niemand also added that prospective car buyers are more than happy to pay a premium for an electric vehicle, but not if doing so comes at the expense of range, comfort and the overall driving experience.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/audi-executive-hate-admit-tesla-did-everything-175340769.html

Teslas look great and seem to be loved mostly be their owners. I would take pause a bit due to lack of charging stations where I drive--never seen one! I recall an instance on the Massachusetts Turnpike in a driving rainstorm when I passed a Tesla running very slow with lights, wipers, and probably defrost on making me wonder if the car was low on power. As far as I can tell there are no charging stations on the Mass Turnpike. I personally drive a lot at night, in atrocious weather, in the deep of winter, and in remote areas so I don't think an all electric would be for me in the near future.

Last edited:
For that much money it should be at least a good car. And for that much money it will never approach the main stream.

On top of that Elon Musk and his various ventures would not exist without the 4.9 billion dollars from us tax payers.

So it appears that we helped finance a car we can't afford.

Sell ONLY $100k type vehicles and have complete configuration control from day 1 with no legacy, and its likely easier...

Constant waiting list. They seem to have this supply and demand thing down pat.

In the context of the quote, Audi exec says Tesla did everything right in developing a high voltage DC charging network. He follows his praise by saying that a high speed DC charging network will become more vital in the future if customers are to accept the inherent range limitations of all EVs.

With that in mind, I can find one thing Tesla didn't do right: Supercharger stations are not backward compatible with industy-standard J1772 DC charging. That makes them specific to Tesla vehicles... and nothing else.

Now, before you get all, "Well, they're Tesla's stations and they're for their customers and why should Tesla... blah, blah, drone, drone, snooze", Elon Musk has been very vocal about other automakers needing to step up their development and entice customers to buy EV without the looming threat of outrageous gas prices. Having an established charging network will go a long way toward that goal and, by gosh, Tesla already has a good jump on it. Except nobody can play in Tesla's sandbox because it doesn't support an industry standard.

Seems like Elon is saying one thing, but his company's actions say another.

A guy on the next block has one and loves it of course its still brand new lets see what he thinks of it in a year or two. It is a beautiful vehicle.

It's a wellfare car. They sell them at a loss and the company is financed with taxpayer money.

The sooner they go under the better for us and the deficit.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

I wouldn't want them to go under. I'd rather they do well and pay the money back plus a good return for the gov.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Elon Musk and his various ventures would not exist without the 4.9 billion dollars financed by US Taxpayers

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with the country today. The federal govt picking winners and losers, but really mostly losers.

Happening with everything restaurants 10yr tax free for a fast food chain HQ, energy solyndra, auto industry Tesla, cash for clunkers etc.

Fk the feds.

Last edited:
Tesla isn't a welfare car company. They had Federal warranty loan 6-9 years ago, they paid it all back plus interest. Federal Government made some profit with Tesla loan, much better than the loans they gave to GM and Chrysler.

Any company that are producing/selling EV vehicle receive some incentives from Federal Government, including foreign companies such as BMW, Nissan, Fiat ...

There is no data saying that Tesla lost money on every vehicle it sold, there was some reports indicated they made small profit for each sold, but they have negative cash flow and quarterly lost because they are expanding their product lines and manufacturing capability.

In general, Tesla is just like other companies they would milk the governments(Federal, State and Local) as much as possible. All financial/revenue they received each month/quarter was and is legal so get over it.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Elon Musk and his various ventures would not exist without the 4.9 billion dollars financed by US Taxpayers

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with the country today. The federal govt picking winners and losers, but really mostly losers.

Happening with everything restaurants 10yr tax free for a fast food chain HQ, energy solyndra, auto industry Tesla, cash for clunkers etc.

Fk the feds.

Where is the $4.9 billions came from ? Tesla received that much from govt of all levels(Fed+states+locals) ?

Tesla had a little more than $1 billion tax incentive over 20 years from Nevada for building $5 billion factory there. The new car company Faraday received similar incentive for building $1-2 billion factory there.

Space-X has contract with Federal govt just like other private space companies, no preferred treatment. I think NASA saved some money with Space-X compares with how much they would spend if they do it themselves.

If any of you think that Tesla had preferred treatment compares with other car companies with similar products(EV), please post some data/facts to support your claim.

It's a wellfare car.

Says the guy from the city with an average elevation below sea level. Welfare anyone?
confused.gif

It's a wellfare car. They sell them at a loss and the company is financed with taxpayer money.

And what do you drive?

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Before you go posting "facts" like this, please understand that your information is A) out of date, B) incorrect and C) just plain nasty.

Let's talk facts: The Tesla is "not the answer" to our problems. It has limited range and capability and it's price is 5x too high. But it's an unmatched, American technological tour de force.

And, I absolutely LOVE driving the Tesla Model S, P85d. Soooo much fun!!!! If I were wealthy, I'd own one, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back