Review Tuxton Motor Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I used an excellent, American (since 1960's) cheap C$27/5L, motor oil called Tuxton Full Syn, Dexos1, 5w20 and 5W30 on my 2010 SantaFe (4cyl) and 06 Buick Allure. I am pleasantly surprised with the results.
The vehicles run smoother and accelerates better, specially the 4Cyl SantaFe. Gas Mileage is comparable to Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge.
The best thing is that the 3800-series3, engine in my Buick Allure is quiet. Which is notorious to be loud.
There web site have specs for all products.

Last edited:
Your first and second posts on this site are touting Tuxton oil.

40.gif

Never heard of it but its on the Dexos approved oil list. So you should be fine.

Spasm, sounded like the guy that came on here telling us how "GREAT" Motosel is.

Edit: $27/5L isn't a really good deal

Last edited:
I don't mean to be harsh, but i'm always skeptical of someone who is new and the first posts are , this great oil that is so much better and so quiet and my fuel mileage is so much better.

I see a lot of members join the board and add knowledge or ask questions, and sometimes discuss what they use and why, but the new member with the new amazing product just sounds spammy.

You know, marketing is ONLY as good as availability.

If you never tell us where to buy it, then how would we know???

Is it available at Walmart, or is it directly selling from a website?

At this point, no matter how good the oil is, the information is USELESS. IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Russke
Hi Guys, I used an excellent, American (since 1960's) cheap C$27/5L, motor oil called Tuxton Full Syn, Dexos1, 5w20 and 5W30 on my 2010 SantaFe (4cyl) and 06 Buick Allure. I am pleasantly surprised with the results.
The vehicles run smoother and accelerates better, specially the 4Cyl SantaFe. Gas Mileage is comparable to Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge.
The best thing is that the 3800-series3, engine in my Buick Allure is quiet. Which is notorious to be loud.

EAT AT JOES
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I don't mean to be harsh, but i'm always skeptical of someone who is new and the first posts are , this great oil that is so much better and so quiet and my fuel mileage is so much better.

I see a lot of members join the board and add knowledge or ask questions, and sometimes discuss what they use and why, but the new member with the new amazing product just sounds spammy.

I agree 100%.

"I am pleasantly surprised with the results. The vehicles run smoother and accelerates better, specially the 4Cyl SantaFe. Gas Mileage is comparable to Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge. The best thing is that the 3800-series3, engine in my Buick Allure is quiet. Which is notorious to be loud."

The only thing that's missing is, "Less filling" and "Tastes Great".

Ed

Total sales pitch lol
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

How many posts will you have after this one? Im guessing 0

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
So how much did you get paid for this review?

Yea, but his post is really no different than in the oil filter section, where one or two members have thousands of posts and 2/3 of their posts are touting Fram filters. They are bashing every other brand, all perfectly legal on this site.

Interesting that you say you're in America, yet the Buick Allure is a Canadian model (LaCrosse in the US).
Did you just mean North America?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

Send me a quart and I MIGHT run it in my push mower....

I'll take a sample too, and I will use it in my mower.
wink.gif

"Trusted since 1914, the name Tuxton has stood for quality."

Since 1914 they still dont have a physical address..and no locations to purchase their product except for a jobber.

[censored] in 100 years they arent even in Kmart...

$C27 is $20.45 US dollars which isn't bad for a synthetic. Still, in the US you can always buy SuperTech at $17, and with specials and rebates, the major brand synthetics are often available in the $10-$20/jug range as well. In Canada, that just might be a decent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back