I rarely buy washer fluid for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you love it when you're on the highway on a dry day and you get overspray from the car in front of you?

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
I mix all washer fluids 50/50 with tap water. Never can tell any difference. Try it.

Guarantee you would notice it here because it would be frozen solid.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
As for wiper blades, that's a different story. A pair per year usually (living in a rainforst climate is a real workout on the wiper motor).

Oh yeah, I don't even know how many wiper blades I'm replacing every year. Usually I'm 9 months to a year depending how nasty it gets.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Don't you love it when you're on the highway on a dry day and you get overspray from the car in front of you?

We all know that sometimes poop happens and we need to spray. Morons, however, tend to notice a detrimental condition well after commencing their trip. Most times, when someone sprays in front of you on the highway, you can see their windshield and note how decent it looks and how rude their spray is.

If my windshield becomes so wet that I need to use my windshield wipers due to the person in front of me spraying, I typically, safely pass them, get back in front of them, and then give my windshield a nice hose down.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Really? It never asks for approval for me. I guess we Ohioans are behind on ways to get high.

ways to get dead that is... The lethal dose of the winter-rated washer fluid is about 1 cup. A gallon is enough to poison couple dozen people.

Last edited:
As for wiper blades, that's a different story. A pair per year usually (living in a rainforst climate is a real workout on the wiper motor).

Yes, indeed! Living in the Northwest also, I made sure to avoid buying a used car with a sun/moon roof It's just asking for trouble!

A neighbor of mine had her driver's side wiper linkage come loose, leaving her with no driver's side wiper. She was driving for weeks, if not longer, without it! Sometimes in the dark!!
eek.gif

I took her to O'Reilly Auto and she paid for the big "Help!" wiper bushings. I had to hacked them up a little to make them fit, now she can see in the rain again. I put white lithium grease in the bushings since it's metal wiper arms on nylon bushings.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

We all know that sometimes poop happens and we need to spray. Morons, however, tend to notice a detrimental condition well after commencing their trip. Most times, when someone sprays in front of you on the highway, you can see their windshield and note how decent it looks and how rude their spray is.

If my windshield becomes so wet that I need to use my windshield wipers due to the person in front of me spraying, I typically, safely pass them, get back in front of them, and then give my windshield a nice hose down.

I spray my windshield if there's tailgaters...

My mother had a Jeep with a rear wiper. The tubing for the washer came loose so it'd just shoot straight back, away from the Jeep.

For some odd reason it never got fixed.

I've had washer spray hit my vehicle from other vehicles, but never thought to take offense. I'm just glad it's not rocks, those bug me far more.

Things are pretty sketchy in northern Sask tho. I recall a few trips through the reservations that were eye opening in the 80's. Not sure how things have pro/regressed since then

There's lots of homemade liquor up there, but once in a while, there's a story of someone drinking the blue stuff and being in serious distress, to say the least.

I'm more tolerant of dirty windshields than when I was younger. I don't use the washer fluid for every drop of dirt that hits my windshield. Like 69GTX, I never need to refill my washer fluid during the winter. One fill lasts me the whole season. Either the windshield isn't dirty enough or there's enough precipitation to take care of the problem.

I don't use the sprayers that much, either. A quick couple of sprays with the Rain-X fluid (one above and one below the wipers) and then it's good for the rainy weather. I rarely, if ever use it to actually clean schmutz off the windshield. Wipers aren't that great at that, in general.

Originally Posted By: Surestick

Maybe you're tailgaiting?

No. It was just a statement. I doubt the people in front of me are doing it knowing that it's spraying behind them. I don't tailgate, which is more than I can say for most around here.

Originally Posted By: clutchless
Saw it in Costco last week in a box with 2 - 1 gallon jugs.

How much? I pay $2.84/jug at Walmart. I don't have a Costco card at present but I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back