Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Well, Al Qaeda promised a nonstop rain of airliners piloted by their terrorists crashing into every major city in the US after 9/11, and they didn't quite pull that off.

Maybe if the Russians had actually helped out by bombing ISIS targets (like the US is still doing) instead of more moderate Syrian opposition militias, things would be slightly less scary now?

I doubt that....

ISIS didn't loose any territory until after the russians started bombing. I really don't know what NATO had been doing for 3 years...

Most of the territory ISIS had lost was to the Kurds in Northern Syria and also in Iraq (where Russia is not operating). ISIS making big gains close to Damascus, which helped lead to the Russians stepping up in the first place...despite that, the Russians concentrated a lot of their effort on Aleppo, which was NOT held by ISIS.

Last edited:
Virtus Probi, to the Russians Al Qaeda or ISIS are the same kind of terrorists. So it's not surprising that they bombed the jihadists near Aleppo or in Latakia.

Also, their bombing of ISIS was primarily directed to liberating the Kuweires air base and also cutting off their revenues from oil sales to Turkey. Territory wise, ISIS didn't lose a lot in Syria but what they lost was vital.

Why do you think ISIS cut their payroll by 40% and also went into furloughs?

Originally Posted By: KGMtech

Give these refugees some REAL chance of gainful employment and acceptance to their new country and we'll see less of them turning to radical actions.

Marie Harf, former US state dept deputy spokesperson under Obama's administration, said the very same thing on MSNBC and she almost got laughed off the set by Chris Matthews. These guys will become radical if they want, not because of a lack of job opportunities.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Originally Posted By: KGMtech

Give these refugees some REAL chance of gainful employment and acceptance to their new country and we'll see less of them turning to radical actions.

Marie Harf, former US state dept deputy spokesperson under Obama's administration, said the very same thing on MSNBC and she almost got laughed off the set by Chris Matthews. These guys will become radical if they want, not because of a lack of job opportunities.

Exactly. Look at what happened in San Bernardino. That couple was welcomed and fully accepted. He had a great job...people he worked with gave him a party. His adopted nation did all it good to help that couple.

So...what did they do in return? They murdered the people that were most kind to them.

Filthy scum....nothing to do with employment or lack of an education.

This thread was about feelings for those who suffered and their loved ones, not a political debate. Can you not, as I said before, spare a thought and maybe, if it is your belief, a prayer for those people?

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
This thread was about feelings for those who suffered and their loved ones, not a political debate. Can you not, as I said before, spare a thought and maybe, if it is your belief, a prayer for those people?

Thank you Whitewolf. I do some soul searching often with my unorthodox spiritual side about the atrocities that mankind does to itself. I mourn for those involved with this event in Belgium, as well as all others. I was working with a visiting research professor from Syria over the past year. His brother was killed there and he is concerned if he can even go back. He shared very bad stories with me, not unlike the atrocities my father experienced in post World War II Lithuania.

Many Americans are out of touch with events outside of their small bubble.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Instead of facing the truth you can follow Obama's words when he said we are not and never have been at war with Islam. You can look up his new home in the UAE that was purchased for him by the John Podesta Group for $4.9M as a thank you for services rendered while in office.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/debunking-obamas-dubai-domicile/

OneEyeJack,

Are you going to reply or this is going to be drive by posting?

Personally, my way of dealing with the feeling of losing people is to examine the causes and see if anything can be done differently to prevent a recurrence.

No less valid than any other means of dealing with the feelings surrounding this tragedy.

Different people deal with their feelings differently. What is wrong with those who deal with it in the contemplation of cause and prevention?

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Virtus Probi, to the Russians Al Qaeda or ISIS are the same kind of terrorists. So it's not surprising that they bombed the jihadists near Aleppo or in Latakia.

Also, their bombing of ISIS was primarily directed to liberating the Kuweires air base and also cutting off their revenues from oil sales to Turkey. Territory wise, ISIS didn't lose a lot in Syria but what they lost was vital.

Why do you think ISIS cut their payroll by 40% and also went into furloughs?

Maybe because the US bombed their treasury?

Russia is not concentrating on al Nusra, either, just doing whatever they can to prop up al-Assad...which, honestly, is not surprising or unexpected, as he is an ally of theirs and provides them with a naval base in the Mediterranean.

There are two groups in Syria -- Al Nusra and ISIS which have spawned from the same source and are sponsored by the same groups. These can have multiple names like FSA, Islamic Front, etc. depending on what is convenient at the time. You will remember that just before the Russians got involved, we could only identify 56 moderate rebels in the whole of Syria. After the Russian intervention, suddenly we discovered 70,000 moderate rebels in the country (as David Cameron said).

It was a true miracle.

The Russians were invited by the Syrian government for 2 things: to strengthen the legitimate government and to create an atmosphere for a political solution. Assad is the head of the legitimate government so of course they were going to prop him up. We also have the peace talks now so I guess they succeeded in both of their objectives.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Personally, my way of dealing with the feeling of losing people is to examine the causes and see if anything can be done differently to prevent a recurrence.

No less valid than any other means of dealing with the feelings surrounding this tragedy.

Different people deal with their feelings differently. What is wrong with those who deal with it in the contemplation of cause and prevention?

Exactly, you cant bring back the dead only try and stop more people for meeting the same end. I don't think there is any other reasonable way of looking at it.
All the crying, wakes, masses and flowers in the world never made a dead person feel better.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf

I didn't get into politics...but I did think it appropriate to discuss the depravity and murderous nature of the Islamist extremists.

Of course we all feel terrible about the families and people that died. But how can that be accurately expressed...with the proper emotion and human compassion....on a message board?

It's always good to feel for those that lost loved ones, but I prefer to focus on prevention and action....so that more people aren't murdered.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

It's always good to feel for those that lost loved ones

Sorry could be due to distance...but when someone overseas is reading quotes like that...it sounds like that you are sorry in advance...just for any case...

Maybe we have misunderstood each other...because english is not my First language...but in the other hand...its not for the first time that I am speaking with american citizen...but every time I do...I have the same feelings...like that they are not feeling for real...5minutes of drama...and how they are very very very...very sorry and in seconds after that we are talking about weather...or traffic jam...
smile.gif

Ok I support diversity...but...

The educated and productive have lower birthrates than the opposite. This continuing trend spells doom and poor leadership...and yes, I feel sorry

People can show all the compassion, love, sympathy etc. for those that suffered, but if they choose to ignore the threat, hide behind political correctness, fail to identify the problem for what it really is and take steps to stop it from happening again, their compassion is just for show and only skin deep.
In reality, these people are cowards and traitors against their own people that have no sympathy for the victims, just false pretentions. SIMPLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back