New oils avail at local WMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not bad at all. I found this morning I can order QSAD 20W-50 from Walmart.com for $3.97/qt, so I could order it, pick it up in store, and grab a Super Tech filter for less than thirty dollars. That isn't too bad.

Was in Walmart today buying groceries and headed over to automotive to buy some Eagle One Wax As U Dry. They now have Edge hm 0W20. I'm hoping they'll stock it in 10W40. I'm guessing it'll suffer the same fate as PUP.

I wish they'd bring back Defy in 10W-40, and add a 20W-50 as well.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Red91
I wish they'd bring back Defy in 10W-40, and add a 20W-50 as well.
smile.gif

I'd be all over Defy 20W50! I think they'd be able to market it to the classic car/hot rod guys.

Just scoped out my local Walmart over the weekend. They've got all the Edge HM grades instock, except the one that I want - 10w-40.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Just scoped out my local Walmart over the weekend. They've got all the Edge HM grades instock, except the one that I want - 10w-40.
frown.gif

Yeah, here either.

I noticed the Edge HM jug has a black Mobil 1 style cap ?

It's different from all the regular Castrol caps

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
I noticed the Edge HM jug has a black Mobil 1 style cap ?

It's different from all the regular Castrol caps

Really? (sarcasm)
smile.gif

Actually, I had an idea for a new QS oil last night, one to compete with Valvoline VR1.

Quaker State Legacy
Available in SAE 20, 30, 10W-40, and 20W-50
Loaded to the hilt with ZDDP, Boron, and Moly.
I think it would do well, if it was marketed well and priced similar to Defy.
Great for classic cars and old cars that really need what Defy used to be, a thick, cheap, additive rich oil formulated for old, worn out cars.

Make the switch today, and watch the odometer keep rolling towards tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I think it would do well, if it was marketed well and priced similar to Defy.

I would buy it without question. They could also have a 10w-30 and a 5w-30, both with elevated HTHS, too, to help those in colder climates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back