Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately some people are too stupid, ignorant, or impulsive on this board too hold themselves back.

Hope it stays up. Sad stuff.

I think you can trace ISIS back to John Brenner and his poor he decision (did not listen to the US Army generals) to disband the IRAQ army. Compound that with the US allowing Maliki to marginalize the Sunnis.

I think it's time for the world to stop worrying about offending people and do what should've been done a long time ago...

What I am mainly thinking about at the moment is people that have lost relatives or friends and still don't know where they are or if they are dead or alive. Can you even begin to imagine that?

Sorry I don't get the point of these threads. We all see what happened on TV, we should be more concerned about stopping it from happening here while we have the chance.

'I would like to start a fund to send Ted Cruz to Islamic Koran camp'.

^ Posts like this assures this thread will be locked soon as well! ^

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
What I am mainly thinking about at the moment is people that have lost relatives or friends and still don't know where they are or if they are dead or alive. Can you even begin to imagine that?

Been there lived that. Trav makes a great point. We are living history and NOT learning very much because we don't address the problems.

YMMV

Smoky

Until you deal with the issues of why people join radical groups the terrorist problems will continue.

Getting involved in yet another Middle-east conflict is a slippery slope, while the US certainly has the fire power to win the conflict, then what?

I was mainly thinking about the people. Like the bloke that was going to work and now may never come back and the twins who lost their mother.
I'm not talking about what's behind the event but rather about the effect on people that were just going about ordinary activities.

Last edited:
hate is a four letter word, and there are people who like to trade in it

Terrorist are active all over the world, killing in the name of hate

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/19/europe/turkey-blast/

Many 100s were killed in Turkey, now Belgium

You have leaders who get on the stage and scream like rabid hyenas "hate, hate, hate more hate"

Gandhi or was it a Minion once said "An Eye for an Eye will make the whole world blind".

Prayers for those affected by hate.

If you look at ISIS propaganda, they believe they are fulfilling a prophecy that there will be a great battle with "Rome" (Western powers) in Syria in which the forces of their caliphate will largely be destroyed. But, when all hope seems to be lost, Jesus (yes, he is part of the Koran as a prophet, not the son of God) will return to earth to bring about a victory and a new paradise.
ISIS wants the West to attack it in Syria and they fully expect to be almost wiped out...it is the prophecy they are trying to bring to a reality.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: madRiver
Unfortunately some people are too stupid, ignorant, or impulsive on this board too hold themselves back.

Hope it stays up. Sad stuff.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
I would like to start a fund to send Ted Cruz to Islamic Koran camp.

Ironic.

When people are unemployed or underemployed, and even worse, living in a foreign country due to worse conditions in their homeland, they gather to share their angst = breeding ground for radical thinking.

Ireland mostly stopped their North South issues by overhauling their education system and attracting new industry to get the idle youth employed.

You don't attend a gang rally, protest if you have a steady job, you work to maintain your ability to pay your mortgage or car payments. Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Sounds trite, but very true.

Give these refugees some REAL chance of gainful employment and acceptance to their new country and we'll see less of them turning to radical actions.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
If you look at ISIS propaganda

I don't. Why would anyone?

To understand the enemy of course.
You think the Allies weren't studying "Mein Kampf" in detail before and during WWII?

I didn't learn Arabic and peruse ISIS websites, of course, somebody did that (and much more) and wrote a fantastic article in The Atlantic.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/
I don't buy any attempt to make an equivalence between "Rome" and modern Turkey, as the Turks destroyed what was left of the Eastern Roman Empire and Romans were not Muslims.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I think you can trace ISIS back to John Brenner and his poor he decision (did not listen to the US Army generals) to disband the IRAQ army. Compound that with the US allowing Maliki to marginalize the Sunnis.

Last edited:
It's simple. Muslims do migrate but they don't assimilate. In small numbers they appear to get along. There are individual Muslims that get along. As their number grow where ever the migrate the real face of Islam appears. There is only one answer acceptable to the question they will ask as they hold a sword to your throat. If you allow that to happen they will have full filled their primary and only objective in life. Anything else you hear is just noise. I lived and worked in the Mid-East and North Africa for five years and saw this pattern repeat itself everywhere the Muslims migrated. It's slower than an armed invasion but far more effective.

Instead of facing the truth you can follow Obama's words when he said we are not and never have been at war with Islam. You can look up his new home in the UAE that was purchased for him by the John Podesta Group for $4.9M as a thank you for services rendered while in office.

I think that we are going off the subject again.

Let's think about the innocent victims a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back