The Car that will not die, nitrous nissan sentra..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I owned the 1.6L model until I had to give it up at 205,000 miles when it started needing too many replacement parts, but I liked that car so much more than my Versa.

If it was an after Ghosn/Renault Nissan purchase, 2001-03 Sentra Spec V with the 2.5L engine, that engine would be long dead from precat failure and resulting particulates sucked into the engine.

This one a Nissan owned/made engine/vehicle. Reach your own conclusion.

My first car was a '96 200SX 1.6. That Era of Nissan was probably the last good one.

Nissan in '96? 300ZX, Sentra, Altima, Maxima, Hardbody, they were all winners!

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Wow! What a shot that car got.....

Yeah I wish they would have seen how long it would have lasted with 75 shot nitrous with multiple runs

There are plenty of videos on youtube with rental cars taking 100+ shots.

I really don't see anything impressive here.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
If it was an after Ghosn/Renault Nissan purchase, 2001-03 Sentra Spec V with the 2.5L engine, that engine would be long dead from precat failure and resulting particulates sucked into the engine.

This one a Nissan owned/made engine/vehicle. Reach your own conclusion.

I had a 1992 Sentra SER that I sold at 120K....it was a great car and is probably still running with double that miles on it.

I agree that Nissan went down hill after it's 'French marriage'....wouldn't even consider one now....

Originally Posted By: pbm

I agree that Nissan went down hill after it's 'French marriage'....wouldn't even consider one now....

Have a 9 year old Titan pickup with 85K miles since new. Original battery, only second set of tires, starts/runs everyday dependably, did the brakes once. No issues with the vehicle. It's low miles but in 9 years something evil should have appeared but hasn't yet.

Originally Posted By: Shrubitup

Have a 9 year old Titan pickup with 85K miles since new. Original battery, only second set of tires, starts/runs everyday dependably, did the brakes once. No issues with the vehicle. It's low miles but in 9 years something evil should have appeared but hasn't yet.

Maybe the French influence didn't reach the larger truck engines....I don't think Renault makes that type of engine.

I had the exact same car in black. I bought it used from a nice lady for $5900 with 44k miles in 2003 as I needed a car for college. It was eventually totaled by an elderly man turned right and we hit head on.

I still miss that car!

Maybe the French influence didn't reach the larger truck engines....I don't think Renault makes that type of engine.

You can usually find the French influence in interior quality. I've seen very few Nissan products that don't fall apart inside.

Looks like a GA16DE engine, VVT, you can see the bulge in the rocker cover. I had one in my NX Coupe, very reliable, also used in the N14 Pulsar. Pretty hard to kill. The GA15 was very similar, but had a troublesome combined throttlebody and airflow meter.

Last edited:

I had a 1992 Sentra SER that I sold at 120K....it was a great car and is probably still running with double that miles on it.

Have a 9 year old Titan pickup with 85K miles since new. Original battery, only second set of tires, starts/runs everyday dependably, did the brakes once. No issues with the vehicle....

Congrats to you.

Otoh, I had a very well maintained 2003 Altima 2.5L purchased new with just over 80k miles, that I posted about HERE. Precat failed/puked, spewing particulates into the engine, rendering it as junk. So as I said in first post in that thread, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....no.

Google 'Nissan Precat Failure' for more info. So I stand by my first post in this thread.

I do wish you better luck than I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back