Well, that's not gonna buff out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rear-ended in the mid 90's, the rear of my 1991 Accord SE pushed in by more than a foot, the rear wheels couldn't turn the car had to be towed.

At that time my 2 daughters were in the rear seat, they both complained about back pain, my back was hurt too. After few days we were okay so I didn't fill for injury.

I think if we try to extract every penny from insurance companies, they will in turn raise premium for everyone. If we like low premium then we should fill for what is necessary, not extra money for nothing.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Yah, What does it matter if it has a salvage title, if you're gonna drive the car until it dies?
Yeah I'm gonna drive the wheels off of it, I don't care if it is salvaged.

I'm not too worried about other injuries. Still just a little sore, but I also had some back pain beforehand so it probably agrivated it.

Your incident sounds like my Corolla! It's been totaled TWICE in the last year; only minor damage. I was able to get junkyard parts and fix it myself. In fact, it looks better than it did before because the car I found parts from had a bit better paint on the bumper. As long as it doesn't cost you much to pull the trunk/fender out, you may end up ahead financially. I did by the tune of 2 grand.

Glad you got a good settlement. The salvage title is no biggy. It wasn't in my case and I plan on driving the wheels of my car like you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Your incident sounds like my Corolla! It's been totaled TWICE in the last year; only minor damage. I was able to get junkyard parts and fix it myself. In fact, it looks better than it did before because the car I found parts from had a bit better paint on the bumper. As long as it doesn't cost you much to pull the trunk/fender out, you may end up ahead financially. I did by the tune of 2 grand.

Glad you got a good settlement. The salvage title is no biggy. It wasn't in my case and I plan on driving the wheels of my car like you.
I'll definitely be ahead, almost $2,600 for the Camry plus the $750 for my back pain, I'm a happy camper! All it will cost to fix the car is a junkyard taillight. I can pull out the quarterpanel at the body shop my dad works at for free.

If it has a salvage title, and you get hit again, will the insurance company lowball you? Not that it would matter much, but I'm curious if they would balk at paying out as much as if it wasn't salvage-titled.

Originally Posted By: supton
If it has a salvage title, and you get hit again, will the insurance company lowball you? Not that it would matter much, but I'm curious if they would balk at paying out as much as if it wasn't salvage-titled.
I was wondering the same thing. Even if I didn't get anything, I guess I couldn't complain since I've already been paid for the car.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Have your dad fix the car and drive it another 150K miles.
That's the plan

Got out the hammers and spent about 10 minutes banging on it. I'm only able to get 1 nut on the tail light instead of 3 but it's pretty tight on there. Used my angle grinder to shave off the side so the trunk doesn't hit it. $40 eBay tail light, it really is a beater now!

Got paid for the car today and am currently waiting for it to be inspected to get the title to be a restored salvage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back