Valvoline 15w/40 & Valvoline 15w/40 Max Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look it's you. We have talked on CForum before.
smile.gif

I made a post about this oil as well, asking questions about it. I am running the oil in the red bottle above in my 75 motorcycle and it's running quieter and smoother than with both of the Rotellas I had in it before.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about running the Maxlife HD in an 02 Forester N/A that leaks like a sieve? 10w40 is one of the listed weights in the owner's manual. During a California hot summer.

I just got of a chat with Valvoline as I noticed these products at Wally World as well. They are supposed to email me some product specs for the oil. They advised that these are different products re-formulated for Wally World. They are NOT the same as VPB. They advised that since it was a new formulation, they will not be seeking the Cummins endorsement on these products. So I am not sure how they compare to Premium Blue. Also, the advised the Premium Blue products listed on their site as the 8100es series is the same ole Premium Blue with new labeling. I will post the info I get from them as soon as I get the email.

Originally Posted By: JStep
They advised that these are different products re-formulated for Wally World. They are NOT the same as VPB.

Interesting; that packaging strategy has been the subject of debate at times at BITOG for other brands at Wal-Mart; some marketing type must have convinced his/her superiors they'd sell enough to make it worthwhile...
Kevin

Originally Posted By: ag_ghost
They advised that these are different products re-formulated for Wally World. They are NOT the same as VPB.

Interesting; that packaging strategy has been the subject of debate at times at BITOG for other brands at Wal-Mart; some marketing type must have convinced his/her superiors they'd sell enough to make it worthwhile...
Kevin

Well, the discussion wasn't for different brand names. These are two different brands.

Kevin

Marketing works well! Amsoil,Royal Purple etc are doing a fine business

Finally got back home from work. Went to the Wally World and picked up 3 of the Max life jugs. Figured I'd be the Guinea pig. I'm gonna send in a sample for a VOA and post it when I get it back.

Pics of the back of the jugs.

Originally Posted By: hollnagelc
Finally got back home from work. Went to the Wally World and picked up 3 of the Max life jugs. Figured I'd be the Guinea pig. I'm gonna send in a sample for a VOA and post it when I get it back.

What do you expect the VOA to show?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: hollnagelc

What do you expect the VOA to show?

Don't really know what to expect out of it. Just wanted to compare the makeup to the Valvoline Premium Blue mostly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kschachn

Kevin

Well, the discussion wasn't for different brand names. These are two different brands.

OK; distinction agreed, tho' my point about having to sell enough to make the distinctive SKU worth the investment stil hoilds imho.
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back