You can't fix stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
And evidently you can't convince stupid to put the vehicle he's been towing for the last several miles IN PARK, into neutral so it doesn't destroy the vehicle...

Scroll to about 4:30 and prepare to be amazed.

Last edited:
Strangely, I have met people like the RV driver. So stubborn and pig headed they would destroy something rather than admit they made a mistake.

A special kind of stupid.

So close to home, I would've just dropped it right in the parking lot and gone home in the RV. Come back later with tools and swap the tires out.

Wow. The guy taking the video obviously doesn't understand how differentials work, but the guy in the motorhome is just amazing. It looks like he might have gotten away with just replacing the tire, but after a couple more miles, he'll probably have to get a new wheel, too.

While the dude in the RV is an idiot, he does have a point. Drag it 6 miles or 8 miles whatever damage is done has already been done....

Originally Posted By: itguy08
While the dude in the RV is an idiot, he does have a point. Drag it 6 miles or 8 miles whatever damage is done has already been done....

Well, right now he might just need a new tire. 2 more miles, and he might need a new rim as well. Or if he's like our friend GHT, he might need new brakes, too.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: itguy08

Well, right now he might just need a new tire. 2 more miles, and he might need a new rim as well. Or if he's like our friend GHT, he might need new brakes, too.

any word from our friend lately, I miss him dearly
cry.gif

I have seen that often. Although once the driver figures it out he fixes it. When I drove truck I saw similar things weekly at the truckstops. Often it was a Saturn SL that was left in park. You could hear it coming into the fuel island..........ClickClickClick untill they stopped.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
There are still Mensa candidates about putting snow tires on the back of front wheel drive vehicles.

Honestly that's not even that bad. IF you put just 2 on the wrong you will be spinning out on every sharp curve in the snow.

Now the idiots putting CHAINS on just the rear tires with a FWD car.. that is classic.

I didn't have this exact problem but it was very close.

I was driving the E430 last fall to Lake Elsinore for diner. After dinner on the way home the passenger rear tire had a loud pop(may be I hit something), the tire was completely flat within a second.

The problem was on a 2 lanes mountain road no where to stop to replace the flat with a spare. I had to drive around 20-25 MPH with emergency flasher on about 6-8 miles to get to a "turn out". The tire was completely destroyed but the rim only suffered a very slight bent.

I knew that I lost a tire and possibly a wheel, but my family life is much more importance than the few hundreds to replace the tire and wheel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
HerrStig said:
Now the idiots putting CHAINS on just the rear tires with a FWD car.. that is classic.
I see that around here every time it snows. I watched a guy in a mustang with chains on the front trying to get out of a sizzler parking lot. Good times

True words OP, when one falls out, two more take their place....
Most rig drivers will have a checklist to follow so things like this don't happen. When you have a 150k (or more!) rig, and towing another 40k dinghy, you kinda have a tendency to want things to go well....

Was out driving last month and saw one of those cheezy late 80s mitsubishi station wagons and some fat waste of oxygen driving. Rear wheel was locked up and dragging. Tire was shredded and the rim was turning into a pac-man shape. Lady kept trucking on, in fact she drove by a one-man mechanic's garage.

Thought nothing of it but five miles up the road there's a half-burned out junky mitsubishi wagon at a body shop.
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back