Oil for 2003 Camry and general maintenance/repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as you know from the other thread, I prefer to post everything in one thread. I will change the oil soon. Would high mileage oil be good, as I was told there's a timing chain cover leak and a valve cover leak, would high mileage oil help?

Also, can toyota dealerships ban you? As you may know from the other thread, I was banned this past saturday and this is what the person told me by email:
I have taken some time this morning to interview my staff about your concerns.

Please understand…we have internal processes that cannot be changed for one customer. Some of your requests with my staff were very unreasonable.

It will be very difficult for you to find anyone to meet your rather strict demands.

In saying that we will NOT be able to do business with you in the future. Please do not come back to our store. You were a hindrance to our business on Saturday and this cannot and will not be tolerated.

End

Any advice on low mpg? Would changing the spark plugs help? oxygen sensor? etc? Thanks.

Of course a dealership can ban you, as long as it's on the basis of your behavior and not your race, or religion.

And I read your thread on that, your rant about starting the car wearing out your starter, your ridiculous accusation that they were trying to wear it out to create business, your frustration that they wouldn't give you free services, or free advice.

I would ban you too.

In a heartbeat.

You want them to accommodate your weird behavior, false accusations, and OCD when you're there for a $15 oil change.

Son, let me be clear: you're not worth it.

The headache/profit ratio simply doesn't add up in your case. You want to take up their time? Ask lots of questions? Take up the technician's time? Make weird requests and false accusations? Demand that they follow your rules, not theirs? You have better be a big spender, because otherwise, you're simply a PITA that generates no profit for the business.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can go 85 large for a new Land Cruiser with sales though. You might even be successful getting them to leave it idling while you are inside doing the paperwork, to prolong the starter life. As for getting it serviced: just buy a new one every 12 months.

Get a Haynes manual for your Camry, follow it and call it a day. If u don't know what brand of parts to use, can't go wrong w OEM. Do not go back to the dealership or any other one. Choose to be a good person...not a D Bag

You do not list the engine type which does matter. If it's the four cylinder like the one in my signature use Mobil 1 high mileage 5W30 and wait ten thousand miles for the seals to tighten up. Would be OK for the 6 cylinder too. The old Camry has taken a beating and held up really well. Only complaints are oil consumption and control arm bushings keep ripping. But it seems like oil consumption is standard equipment for a Toyota. This is my third and they all leak or burn. Other than that they last forever.

fwiw my dad got the new 2.5L in his 2013 Camry. That newly designed engine was supposed to replace the oil burning, head bolt stripping 2.4L I have. Nope the burning is still there. my dad's Camry w/ 28000 burns a quart of oil every 5K. Toyota now specifies a 10000 mile OCI so expect another Toyota sludge like lawsuit coming from people that ran out of oil during the interval.

Last edited:
I think there's a fine line between ignorance and just being plain stupid. I don't blame Toyota for banning you. You should have been banned. You're wasting gas leaving the engine running. It's the top way cars are stolen nowadays. I can't believe that you put in a junkyard starter in your car and are worried about the dealership wearing it out prematurely. Leaving the car idling wears out the engine prematurely too. Has it occurred to you that you're not very bright and maybe you should just buy a new car and forget about all the things you're trying to do to save money? It will probably get you killed or someone else so it will be a moot point.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
I'm surprised the Toyota dealer hasn't sought a restraining order...

Yes, them and all the poor Belle Tire outfits that he invaded should file a class action lawsuit against him.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
fwiw my dad got the new 2.5L in his 2013 Camry. That newly designed engine was supposed to replace the oil burning, head bolt stripping 2.4L I have. Nope the burning is still there. my dad's Camry w/ 28000 burns a quart of oil every 5K. Toyota now specifies a 10000 mile OCI so expect another Toyota sludge like lawsuit coming from people that ran out of oil during the interval.
The I4 in my 1999 Camry burns about a pint in 5K, and is currently at 345,000 miles. Mostly T6 and Pure 1 filters. Those "tears" really caused a lot of wear.

I bet that dealer sent a picture of OP to other local Toyota dealerships with the caption "Do not allow this weirdo on the premises."

Originally Posted By: engineer20
So as you know from the other thread, I prefer to post everything in one thread. I will change the oil soon. Would high mileage oil be good, as I was told there's a timing chain cover leak and a valve cover leak, would high mileage oil help?

Also, can toyota dealerships ban you? As you may know from the other thread, I was banned this past saturday and this is what the person told me by email:
I have taken some time this morning to interview my staff about your concerns.

Please understand…we have internal processes that cannot be changed for one customer. Some of your requests with my staff were very unreasonable.

It will be very difficult for you to find anyone to meet your rather strict demands.

In saying that we will NOT be able to do business with you in the future. Please do not come back to our store. You were a hindrance to our business on Saturday and this cannot and will not be tolerated.

End

Any advice on low mpg? Would changing the spark plugs help? oxygen sensor? etc? Thanks.

Darn right they can ban you - and they were totally 100% justified.

You should be banned from this forum too for all the same reasons. You have some deep rooted emotional issues that probably require professional help.

Hopefully your life will get better if you forget the Internet for awhile and get the help you desperately need.

My 1999 Camry does not burn a drop of oil. It is the 5S. However, it did leak oil from the cam seals, valve cover gasket, oil pump seal, etc. This was all replaced and it is running like new and doesn't loose a drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back