More on MA and MA2 oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on Schaeffers site:

Extreme V-Twin Synthetic Plus Racing Oil is not recommended for use in those motorcycle and ATV applications that specify engine oil that meets JASO MA or MB. Use of Extreme V-Twin Synthetic Plus Racing Oil in applications that specify JASO MA or MB oil can cause slippage and improper engagement of the clutch mechanisms.

Extreme V-Twin Synthetic Plus Racing Oil meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers’requirements: API Service Classification SM,Harley-Davidson® V-Twin specifications and JASO (T903) MA-2 specifications.

How does an MA2 oil cause slippage in an MA Bike???

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: montero1
Found this on Schaeffers site:

Extreme V-Twin Synthetic Plus Racing Oil is not recommended for use in those motorcycle and ATV applications that specify engine oil that meets JASO MA or MB. Use of Extreme V-Twin Synthetic Plus Racing Oil in applications that specify JASO MA or MB oil can cause slippage and improper engagement of the clutch mechanisms.

Extreme V-Twin Synthetic Plus Racing Oil meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers’requirements: API Service Classification SM,Harley-Davidson® V-Twin specifications and JASO (T903) MA-2 specifications.

How does an MA2 oil cause slippage in an MA Bike???

You are correct, here is the link - Here is Schaeffers Site

Based on what and how this is written, I would never use this oil in my Harley or any bike. the incompetence of a so called premium oil company is startling ... their "marketing" dept screwed up, it goes to show, the person doing the marketing knows nothing about their product.

The other statement, "meets Harley Vtwin specs" if it did meet Harley specs why wouldnt they say meets the commercial rating of CH4 or higher?
It sounds like a 2nd grade student wrote the two pages.

Last edited:
Great link, you beat me to posting it! I agree completely, whatever marketing group that developed the literature (along with Schaeffer for not proof reading the technical statements/specs) are completely incorrect and ill-advised on their JASO specs. JASO MA2 has the highest coefficient of friction in the dynamic, static, and stop time indices in comparison to MB and MA1.

Great catch in noticing that montero1!

JASO MA SPECIFICATIONS

More importantly, how can an oil cause clutch slippage in an application that calls for a JASO MB oil; an application that does not contain a wet clutch? That is some powerful stuff!
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back