Preventative Maintenance, follow the manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be fine if you keep the schedule the manual says but here is what I have always done. Maybe overdoing it but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Every 30k all fluids including transmission, power steering, brake fluid. Also check the cabin air and air filter and replace if necessary. Just drain and fills minus the brake fluid where I flush and bleed. Every other 30 I change the plugs and inspect the wires. In addition I clean the throttle body yearly. Coolant I would do every 3 years Like I said, maybe overdoing it but both my higher mileage vehicles run just as well as the day I purchased them.

Different application but on the Accord forum some of the guys complained about shifting issues right around the 30k mark. Changing the mtf solved the issue. More prevalent on the 6-6 Accords. Which are the V6 models with the 6 speed. Yours is a high HP model so kind of similar in that regard. Funny how the 150k interval aligns with the manufacturers targeted lifespan of the transmission. Meaning if it takes a dump at 150k miles they will say it had a nice, long life.

Definitely. I watched a write up on YouTube of an ST MTF change and it's easy peasy. Plan on doing one between 30-40k.

Happy Birthday Jigen!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back