GM terrain uses oil since new

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2008 Accent has used a 1/2 qt between changes since new. I have lengthened the OCI and gone to M1 XP 0w20. Next is Hi Mileage M1 5w30. Currently with 133k on the motor.

My Equinox didn't start consuming oil until it hit 100k. Now it is usually 1/2 qt between oil changes. I use the OLM so it is anywhere between 6-10k

Originally Posted By: stower17

Well, yes, I would say that the less oil the engine burns then the more "perfect" it is, if there is such a thing. I have oil burning engines too and they run good. I dont consider my ONE non oil burning engine to be "better", but I have driven other same make/model/year of my car and mine has a power advantage over the others that i have driven without a doubt. The other ones could not break the tires loose. Youre correct that oil burning wont affect resale value because the next buyer wont have anyway of proving it burns oil unless you let them use it for an extended test drive.

I dont consider oil burning a problem, to a certain extent. Ive only owned one car that doesnt burn oil. All the others burned some to varying degrees and i was always told its normal and i still believe that to this day. The next car I buy Im sure will use a little oil and Im okay with that, i just cant explain the one off engine I have.

That could just be your tires having less traction.

If you took one car on sailun's and one on Michelin Pilot sport A/S3... Guess which one is going to break free easier.

Even with the same model tires older tires are usually harder and have less traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back