10 Reasons Why Volkswagen Can't Succeed In America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
I think he is mainly worried about the long term effects of what happens when his kids have the windows rolled down and they are idling or sitting in stop-n-go traffic.

I would think that if you are sitting in stop-and-go traffic with windows rolled down, the sum of exhaust being emitted from all other vehicles around you would be more harmful than the exhaust from your own vehicle.

How did we all make it through the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's? Cars of back then spewed much more than today's vehicles (even the cheating ones).

I guess people need something to "worry" about.
I don't know how the guy drives today. There are old, and not so old, smelly vehicles all over the place. Surely more polluting than a new VW. Just the other day I saw a newer Mazda pouring smoke out of the tailpipe. I didn't think of running off of the road for my protection.

I raised my family driving a 1968 VW SquareBack. We saw the East & West coasts, Canada and Florida Keys. VW has not made a vehicle since then that has me thinking of purchasing it. Sad isn't it. Ed

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: itguy08
How did we all make it through the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's? Cars of back then spewed much more than today's vehicles (even the cheating ones).

Not everyone made it. Some died of cancer and other illnesses. Could it be partially attributed to vehicle pollution? I have no idea.

True. We all have to go somehow. Some of us get cancer, some get other illnesses. We all just hope it won't be us.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Just the other day I saw a newer Mazda pouring smoke out of the tailpipe. I didn't think of running off of the road for my protection.

So that explains those random one-car crashes I see on a perfectly fine day. The driver freaked out when they saw a gross polluter and were swerving out of the way!

Sounds like a nail in coffin set. The new generation a4 design is not introducing a previously available and planned tdi.

They expect once generation is done not to tdi make version for the balance of the line of models.

Tdi was 25% market in usa for vw prior to scandal/cheating and now getting killed......

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: hatt
Just the other day I saw a newer Mazda pouring smoke out of the tailpipe. I didn't think of running off of the road for my protection.

So that explains those random one-car crashes I see on a perfectly fine day. The driver freaked out when they saw a gross polluter and were swerving out of the way!

Don't get behind my Jeep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back