ATP 205 success story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w30 + Liqui moly motor oil saver for about 1k miles in my 335k Nissan Altima and it didn't do anything about my leaks. They aren't bad where they leave drips but every gasket is seeping and it smells so bad that I can't use my ventilation system or rev over 3k without smelling burning oil. Leaks were coming from the valve cover, the distributor, the spark plug seals, pretty much everywhere the engine is moist.

Two days ago I added a whole bottle of atp 205 and now 15 miles on it and the smell is gone, I even tried running the engine to Redline a few times with the vents on and no smell, very happy so far.

If you have never used atp 205 before it's interesting because it's a low viscosity clear liquid such as a mineral spirit unlike motor oil saver which is thick like Lucas.

I believe it. I have used it twice, last summer in an old ford c-6 transmission that was leaking like crazy from the front seal, stopped it cold, has kept it dry while sitting through the winter.

Tried it again in a power steering system that was starting to leak from the rack into the inner tie rod boots, worked again, no leaks on the driveway.

ATP 205 stopped a power steering leak in my Toyota's rack, but I'm not sure I'd use it in my engine. I'd be afraid it would swell my old valve seals too much and cause problems. Any thought on the valve seal issue?

Most of the engine gaskets are cheap and pretty easy for DIY. I'd start with the biggest leak and see what you can live with. I changed a very leaky valve cover gasket a few years back and it completely stopped the oil dripping in the driveway.

Last edited:
I just used some on the Jeep that someone brought to me. It reduced about 95% of the smoke coming from the rear main seal.

Let me see if I understand-the engine has a lot of leaks, and with 1 bottle of a miracle cure, all the leaks are magically fixed in just 15 miles of operation?

That's good to know. It seems like the product worked and might be beneficial to some members.

Too bad I didn't read this thread Wednesday morning, I would have tried it before changing my pushrod cover gasket.

+1 The ATP AT-205 reseal additive is the only oil leak stop/reducing additive that has worked for me. Having said that, I have had good results using Valvoline Maxlife motor oil. When that doesn't work, I add the ATP AT-205 Re-seal additive. It is definity work the $10 gamble to try it.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Let me see if I understand-the engine has a lot of leaks, and with 1 bottle of a miracle cure, all the leaks are magically fixed in just 15 miles of operation?

Like I said I don't smell the burning when I rev past 3k and I went up to redline which i haven't been able to do in awhile. On top of the 15 miles I did idle the car for 30 minutes after I added the solution plus there's easily another hour of idle time since then.

I believe in the AT-205 also.

I added a tad of this stuff to the power steering oil (ATF) some months ago and the small but annoying leak/weep from the steering rack was indeed reduced. I have the approach with this stuff that less is better. So, I don't add the whole bottle right away, but a little bit at a time until the leak is gone. I would expect that you have to wait about a week or so to see the full effect.

Here's the Scotty's video

Fixing Oil Seal Leaks Fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTT0sejhoOQ

Yeah I actually wasn't going to add the whole bottle but the tiny lid fell into oblivion somewhere I couldn't get it so I went for it and added the whole bottle

Awhile back my dads 06 LTC had a RMS leak. A local mechanic suggested he use VML and Lubro Moly Engine Oil Saver. Long story short, it worked.
Someone else told him NOT to use the ATP 205 due to it possibly melting the RMS! I have read A LOT of articles about people using the ATP 205 and not 1 said ANYTHING about melting a RMS!
21.gif

All that spirited driving seems to have aroused a MTF seal, I had a small puddle a few inches in diameter under my car this morning it was a mostly clear liquid, nothing else in the system it could be since the PSF has atf in it.

I've still been thrashing the engine at high rpm and I can only duplicate the smell on cold starts if I rev above 4k. I'm sure with 335k on the original engine the rings aren't perfect, but surprisingly there's no notable consumption other than the weeping leaks I was trying to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back