Crazy arsche neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at wits end. Neighbor lady, 70 something years old, had been a great neighbor since we moved there in 1999. I mean, she'd give my daughter Easter baskets, presents, etc. etc. She recently had knee replacement surgery and then all went to [censored]. Every time we're outside, she bangs on the windows or slams her storm doors very loudly for about 5 minutes. She's moved yard ornaments to my yard saying that it's her property, even though it's clearly not. She's since put 3 video cameras in her front yard all aimed at my front yard. I was in the alley way last night raking up some leaves, I look over my shoulder, and she's standing there on her property hold a camcorder recording me. [censored]?? Her husband is no help and is a complete moron. I was out in the alley way two months ago with a steel tape measure double checking the property boundaries from common points, I have the original plats. She came in the alley way, went to grab my wifes face, wife told her to back off, grabbed my tape measure, ran into her yard trying to pull the tape measure away from me. I warned her repeatedly to let go, but she kept on, so I finally yanked it hard enough and it cut her arms and hands. She starts screaming...mind you, I'm in the alley way, not on her property.....she grabbed the end of the tape and ran into her yard and shut her gate. I did not go into her yard. Anyway, I called the cops and that was it. She walks over to neighbors across the street and screaming "Look what he did to me". Geesh. Everytime we come outside, she goes outside, I guess she just sits and watches the videos. I have a 12 year old daughter. Yesterday, my wife was leaving in her car and she comes out in her front yard and starts mimicking a monkey like dance in front of my wife as she passed by in her car. It's getting worse. At some point if her crazy arshe steps in my yard, she may get shot. I don't know what to do. I've researched harassment and privacy, but so far, no laws have really been broken. Ya'll got anything??? I've recently installed video cameras in my front yard also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind you, honestly, we've done nothing to provoke this behavior. My dog never goes in her yard, we are respectful of her property....no loud music, pick up blowing trash, don't park in front of her house on the street, etc. etc. It just started all of a sudden.

What happened when the cops came? Maybe a visit and talk from them will make her some to her senses. She might be on a bunch of meds are causing the erratic behavior or maybe she needs be on some.

Pain pills and possibly dementia. Getting old isn't always a smooth transition. If she has adult children, they may help, otherwise, there may be help available. Your police will know.

What did the cops do or say?

You should not have pulled on the tape. Never get in a fight with a woman, call the cops right away.

If you can put up some kind or fencing or hedge along the boundary. Bougambilia are nice and beautiful and come with the added benefit of spiky stems. Or something to that effect.

166295517b20476565584e3232edaf33.jpg

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Defiantly dementia. They do strange things.

More likely damage from anesthetics given during her surgery. This seems to be a VERY common occurrence when folks are over 70 years of age.

It's likely that when they put her under anesthesia the medication could have caused a reaction which resulted in cognitive
trouble the damage can be temporary, or permanent...

You have to feel sorry for this person, she obviously cannot help herself, and the husband may be suffering from his own cognitive issues.

But others are right do NOT engage in a fight especially with an elderly female. Best thing to do is try contacting the children, and if all else fails you may have to contact state social services and explain the issue. If the relatives won't step in to help then the state will. Until then keep calling the police before engaging her at all when she acts out.

That being said if and when I reach that age I would be VERY reluctant to have any anesthesia administered period, I'd rather be physically disabled than mentally disabled.

Last edited:
+1 Dementia and/or heavy meds. Grandmother the sweetest old lady somehow managed to get the Charles Manson stare when upset.

Keep calling the police. Document, document, document. It will come to a head eventually, unfortunately. I hope your wife and daughter are not involved when it does.

robert

Two words, restraining order. This woman obviously needs to be monitored considering this erratic behavior. Considering she was normal before this issue I would chalk it up to pain meds, old age and a touch of dementia. Document these instances and speak to other neighbors to see if there are similar issues occurring with them. Talk to the police and an attorney. Considering you are being respect of this woman and her property you are entitled to certain rights.

Worst case cut her brake lines and hope for the best. (kidding!!)

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

More likely damage from anesthetics given during her surgery. This seems to be a VERY common occurrence when folks are over 70 years of age.

It's likely that when they put her under anesthesia the medication could have caused a reaction which resulted in cognitive
trouble the damage can be temporary, or permanent...

You have to feel sorry for this person, she obviously cannot help herself, and the husband may be suffering from his own cognitive issues.

But others are right do NOT engage in a fight especially with an elderly female. Best thing to do is try contacting the children, and if all else fails you may have to contact state social services and explain the issue. If the relatives won't step in to help then the state will. Until then keep calling the police before engaging her at all when she acts out....

Fwiw, I agree with this assessment. Try to get some of her children or other family members involved if possible. And document/video to show them if possible.

Sounds like a tough situation, just be careful not to let her behavior blow back on you. By that I mean, avoid physical contact if at all possible.

Sounds like she definitely needs some medical evaluation/help.

Cops said no law was broken and she shouldn't have been trying to take the tape measure. If I wouldn't have pulled it from her, you think I'd ever get it back??? If I did it would have been jacked with, I guarantee you. Their relatives are just as bad, not sociable at all. Can't put anything between the houses in the front, at least the first 30 feet, as per homeowners association. Now, the tape incident. She has a back gate going into the alley way....the only house that has that...when she grabbed the tape measure, she ran back into her yard, then shut and locked the gate, and was pulling it through the slats from inside her yard. It was one of those 100 foot wound up yourself spool tape measures. I had the spool and about 70 feet of tape, so I was reeling it in as fast as I could as she was pulling it from me inside her yard. I warned and was yelling at her at least ten times that I need my tape measure back, but to no avail. Her idiot husband was out there too and I said "you got to help me get my tape measure back, you know it's not hers" at least 5 times very loudly. Of course, his dumba** didn't do anything.

As others have said, it sounds like a cognitive impaiment of some sort, be it true Alzheimer's disease or one of the countless other things that can go wrong and basically cause the same behavior. My mother developed hepatic encephalopathy in the later stages of liver cancer- it looked for all the world like Alzheimers except it progressed much faster and was just shocking in how extreme it got. My mother-in-law has Alzheimers, and you almost wish it would go faster. Medications- even non-brain-active meds, can do it too- and older people sometimes can't metabolize and excrete the drugs the same way they could when younger, so a drug that was once perfectly harmless to them now makes them nuts. Major surgery may have triggered "micro strokes" or transient ischemic attacks that slowly degrade the brain.

Getting old aint for sissies.

Bottom line- its not entirely her fault and she's to be pitied. It does cause you practical problems and you shouldn't just tolerate any and all behavior, but you gotta approach it with compassion. Cops are usually trained to recognize situations like this and help you diffuse it- they can be the "bad guy" instead of you having to do it.

Next time you go out in the yard have your wife ready with a video camera inside the house ready to record all the incidents, police love looking at videos
23.gif

Hallucinations are not uncommon with some form of dementia or Alzheimers. Unfortunately people can live a very long time with dementia, not so much with Alzheimers. If she is having hallucinations about you in her yard there is nothing on this earth that will change her mind.
I would just keep away from here. Like others have said maybe her family can help but based on my experience they will take her side.
You have along battle ahead of you and it may get a lot worse before it gets better.
Some antibiotics (Cypro) can cause hallucinations.

Last edited:
When the elderly get put on new medications, things like this happen (my dad turned into a completely different person on painkillers, for example); this is my opinion.

Perhaps contact a social worker or other health professional to find out how to proceed. Her doctor will definitely want to know that her personality changed; they can change the medication and get her back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back