2010 Mini Cooper Mobil 1 0W-40 4046 miles red flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple subtle corrections from the report. The actual sump capacity is 4.5 quarts, and the amount of makeup oil is 1/2 quart or less. I bought this car this past fall with about 51k miles on it. The car runs perfectly, I have never had any check engine light or any other code thrown. It always starts and runs like a dream, I've never seen any indicator of overheating or running hot. I think the oxidation might prove to be a false positive once I call OAI and try to get to the bottom of it. On this oil I did back-to-back Gumout fuel system cleaning doses. Also, the quart of oil I use to top up is a 50:50 mix of Mobil 1 0W-40 and Castrol Edge 0W-40. There is no other indicator of the oil being worked hard or overheated. It doesn't smell burnt, it's not black or thick on the dipstick. Otherwise I'm pleased with the oil and the sample. I expected silicon to be quite a bit higher since our roads have been half salt dust all winter long. I guess the air filtration is doing a great job. Time on oil is around three months.

vJgfslx.jpg

The oxidation is not an issue, the UOA for my M5 showed 39 from Toromont and it wasn't even flagged, the UOA was "normal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back