Stuck in the center median

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me. Just on the way to sending my kid to school I saw a driver just waiting in his car after ending up in the center median. However, this one was odd. It had jumped over the curb and was sitting with the right wheels over the pavement and the left wheels sitting on grass. This was a center median where the curb is straight up and the median grass is about the height of the pavement. It was almost like the guide rail on an amusement park car setup.

I think I know how he ended up in that predicament but not 100% sure why he didn't try getting himself out of it. Was thinking that maybe traction on the grass was poor so his diff might have been spinning one wheel on the grass. Or perhaps he came to the conclusion that it would be better to have a tow truck get his car out.

I tended to be very creative as a teenager back in the 60's. Bet a lot of us were. How else will parents earn their gray hair.

obligatory. At least he found his way off the median.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
Not me. Just on the way to sending my kid to school I saw a driver just waiting in his car after ending up in the center median. However, this one was odd. It had jumped over the curb and was sitting with the right wheels over the pavement and the left wheels sitting on grass. This was a center median where the curb is straight up and the median grass is about the height of the pavement. It was almost like the guide rail on an amusement park car setup.

I think I know how he ended up in that predicament but not 100% sure why he didn't try getting himself out of it. Was thinking that maybe traction on the grass was poor so his diff might have been spinning one wheel on the grass. Or perhaps he came to the conclusion that it would be better to have a tow truck get his car out.

I ended up in that exact situation after some idiot pulled out basically right into me, not in front of me, basically right at me as if he was trying to ram me. My only choice was to steer off the road and jump the curb to avoid a serious accident. I ended up half on the road and half in the grass on the other side of the curb. Amazed I didn't blow a tire or damage anything. I sat there for a minute or two until I calmed down and then got back on the road. Maybe something similar. Fortunately this was from a place of business and the truck that did it was parked there every day. I got his license number and reported it to a police friend of mine. The guy was a multiple DUI offender and a known troublemaker, driving on a suspended license. They stationed a police car near the business and did a stop on him and he was DWI again. Hope he's off the road permanently.

Maybe something similar with this guy. Something may have happened and he needed a few minutes to compose himself.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
^^^About the only way to get him off the road permanently is to lock him up.

Of course, my friend has no way of knowing what the final disposition will be, but he expects that to happen. Haven't seen the truck since he got busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back