Fiat Chrysler's quality conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Bad-mouthing Chrysler products is a cottage industry.

It certainly looks like it.

My experience with Chrysler is nil, as the Grand Caravan is my first ever Chrysler product.
Long term reliability and my satisfaction are yet to be seen, however my initial impressions of this vehicle are positive.
The engine, lauded in various reviews as "unrefined" I find nice and smooth with a good sounding growl to it. Funny as no reviews I read, ding Honda for the clunky and unrefined VCM transitions.
The transmission is also reported to be unrefined and poor shifting, something I do not agree with. With the Eco button off, I find it quite responsive when needed and the shifts so far are nice and smooth both on the upshift and downshift. It is quick to unlock the TQ and downshift on the highway though, but it's not a negative for me.
The interior, universally criticized everywhere. Again, I do not find it bad. The fit and finish is OK, gaps are fairly even, no rattles. Sure there is very little in soft touch materials, but this is a people and family hauler, I do not want plush interior that will be torn to pieces by my kids. Nothing spectacular, but there are also worse interiors, many found in Toyotas.

KrisZ, You will like the Pentastar engine and the 6 speed transmission. You will also like the gas mileage. My only complaint with my 2013 Dodge GC is the drive by wire throttle. There is just too much hysteresis. I can clear it some by unhooking the battery for an hour, but it returns to the same issue in a hour or two of driving. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back