bp 93 octane = white gas?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called BP’s Whiting Refinery in northern Indiana about 5 minutes ago. Amoco as we use to know it, no longer exists. They no longer make the crystal clear product any longer. The tech told me that they only put the Amoco name on the 93 octane due to brand name recognition, but that will be phased out in the not so distant future. So, when you buy gas at BP, you are getting BP gas. Amoco is gone. Basically, BP is no different than any other station now. All the gas is fungible, meaning that gas is gas, and the only difference is the add pack they throw into the tanker truck before it is unloaded at the gas station.

mark72 thanks for going the extra mile my brother!!! so i guess down south here in mississippi the answer would be the same?
thanks again,
whitearrow

Originally Posted By: Drew2000
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
If you live in PA your gas all comes out of the same pipe line. Probably the Colonial.

Pipelines move batches of different petroleum products/grades in a single pipe at the same time for various customers.

http://www.pipeline101.com/Operating/batching_model.html

That always fascinated me...Never could understand how. That is until I saw what happens to human waste as it travels along a waste drain pipe. I always figured as a kid that it would run out into a long stream of liquid and solid. Never considered the column of air on either side and it's existence...and how that keeps the "waste pack" running down the pipe intact, with a column of air on either side of it.

I wonder why, in that example air is insufficient to the task? What is the transmix that is used in this type application if you know?

I've never seen an ad for bp clear gas, but it mentioned bp/amoco ultimate going through an extra refining step that in some areas is or nearly is clear depending on epa requirements of the area. When I saw it not much if any mention was made in refrence to performance. Though the settlement article is 14 years old so I don't remenber oil company ad's from the time.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Is AMOCO the same AM as in AMSOIL?

The Amatuzio family is not involved with AMOCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back