Emergency Duty: Gasoline and Diesel Mixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Olas
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

This reminds me that I need to talk to my recently licensed daughter about recognizing the diesel pumps and staying away from them...

The nozzles are bigger and won't fit down the "unleaded restrictor" in her filler neck.

That's the theory, but the amount of people who manage to do it suggests otherwise
wink.gif

Exactly, I could see her getting flustered and just pumping diesel into the general area of the fill nozzle. Even I have grabbed the diesel nozzle a couple of times when my mind was occupied with something else, never got to the point of actually trying to cram it down the neck.
Took a trip to Italy a while back and was glad that I read in one of my guides that our diesel is called gasolio there! Had to train myself to look for benzina...my rental car was a MB that was sort of a minivan, never saw anything remotely like it in the US. The thing had no pickup, but it got from me from Roma to Milano through Perugia, Ravenna, Verona, Venezia, and Brescia.

in the distant past I ran a 74 Dodge slant six on a 10% diesel 90% 87 octane mix as an experiment in mileage,There were some forums that advocated the mix for mpg enhancement(some recommended a 20 % mix).I don't recall much improvement.I think it was for highway mpg and I was short tripping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back