Chaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but only of there is a horse or motorcycle around. Chaps without jeans is not cool. Unless, well, this is a family site.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
You will look funny without them, you might be ok at a few bars.

2ewi9nr.jpg

a9wnx2.jpg

Don't know what else you had in mind. I am not a fan of chaps. Been wearing kevlar jeans for a while now while riding. I went down hard back in 2009 doing 70 mph and my pants were intact. The rest of me wasn't but my pants were.

What, besides denim jeans can you wear that would be sufficient for comfort and fall protection?

I ask, like Dickey-doo coveralls might be ok?

I dont do well with a regular zipper, button, belt at the waist....unless like formal situations.

I want to be armored on city streets as a road racer would with a one piece leather suit.

On the note, I am MOST interested in KNEE protection.

Like if I fell onto the pavement and all my weight was on my knee, I would like to walk away. Instead of popping a petella or mangling a miniscus.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: spasm3
You will look funny without them, you might be ok at a few bars.

2ewi9nr.jpg

a9wnx2.jpg

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

I want to be armored on city streets as a road racer would with a one piece leather suit.

You've answered your own question - buy a one piece leather suit, with all the armor built in, it's the absolute best protection you'll get. Even some of the (2 piece) textile suits these days have good protection built in, plus they can be worn all year round, as most have removable thermal liners, waterproof liners, etc. My current DriRider brand textile pants are secured with a velcro belt instead of a button.

Ok, I guess I am just looking for leather pants....but not the lower half of a 2pc sportbike riding suit. This is kind of geared more towards 'cruiser' gear and I now see chaps are just supplements to denim jeans, whereas, what I am seeking is 'full' leather as the T1000 stole from the biker shooting pool in the opening scene.

Any half decent motorcycle shop should have a variety of leathers, hopefully you find something you like. Don't rule out Draggin' Jeans and the like either, they're very comfy and offer great protection. Available in all sorts of styles and colours, and they don't look like motorcycle gear when you're off the bike.

Ok, I guess I am just looking for leather pants....but not the lower half of a 2pc sportbike riding suit. This is kind of geared more towards 'cruiser' gear and I now see chaps are just supplements to denim jeans, whereas, what I am seeking is 'full' leather as the T1000 stole from the biker shooting pool in the opening scene.

Just remember there is a downside to leather. It doesn't breathe all too well and if it is black in the summer sun it is going to be hot. Expect some swamp butt in hot weather. I switched to textile jackets for summer riding unless I am expecting rain because in stop and go traffic, the leather was getting a bit brutal.

I want an all brown leather git-up, but seems near impossible to have brown/cowboy/tanned boots, leather pants, vests/jacket, gloves.

Robenstein, at this time I am not interested in non-lether gear such as mesh, textiles, etc...

Originally Posted By: hpb
Don't rule out Draggin' Jeans and the like either, they're very comfy and offer great protection.

I hear good things about Draggin' Jeans but there's no retailers anywhere near Ottawa.

I would be hesitant to buy online without trying them on, because clothing manufacturers (mostly in North America) often misrepresent waist sizes, often to assuage our egos...

I want an all brown leather git-up, but seems near impossible to have brown/cowboy/tanned boots, leather pants, vests/jacket, gloves.

Robenstein, at this time I am not interested in non-lether gear such as mesh, textiles, etc...

I'd suggest checking out Vanson, they can make pretty much anything you want. It won't be cheap, but then good protection and quality never is.

Vanson Leathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back