Best looking oil bottles in last 25 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never used it, but I've always liked the look of Agip / eni oil with their helll-hound logo.

AGIP0041.jpg

Their drums could also appear in Breaking Bad, along with the Penrite barrel from before.

AGIP2617.jpg

307054.jpeg

Well done sir
smile.gif

I have to revise my list a bit... The Lubigold bottles that PSD brought up are #3 on my list and these Agip are #4. The Agip are one of the best advertising pieces around. Only the Pegasus from Mobil is higher than that in my book. Though that could be amended too.

Going to Aussie for the first time in 1980, us Kiwi's cracked up when we pulled into a Golden Fleece station - it was either a sense of humour on a national scale...or something else. You still got that oil? One of my bikes specs 20/30, and I can't find any.

I'm really tempted to get some Chief oil just for the containers, it's cheap enough, and last time I checked the specs, pretty good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Going to Aussie for the first time in 1980, us Kiwi's cracked up when we pulled into a Golden Fleece station - it was either a sense of humour on a national scale...or something else. You still got that oil? One of my bikes specs 20/30, and I can't find any.

I'm really tempted to get some Chief oil just for the containers, it's cheap enough, and last time I checked the specs, pretty good stuff.

Hey Silk, no I don't have any 20/30 oil, just a picture I found.

I was just at SCA in Oz and 1L Chief canteens of oil were on sale. Maybe they are on sale in NZ too. I picked up a canteen of 2-stroke oil for the mower.

Some good deals on Magnatec 10W-30 and Helix HX7 10W-40 (semi-syns), which I just managed to resist, but it was hard. Good oils for my car, but my oil stash is big enough already.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Ive never used it, but I've always liked the look of Agip / eni oil with their helll-hound logo.

AGIP0041.jpg

I want one of those 6 legged, fire breathing hounds as a pet. How cool would it be to have one of those guard your pad, or walk around a campground. "Could I help you start that campfire there Miss?? Lucifer, breathe!"
My favorite bottle has always been the old Havoline wide mouths.
havoline.jpg

I like the Porsche classic here. Very nice indeed. And how about hello kitty !

Yeah I agree PSD... These Warren Lubrigold bottles are darn cool.. And like SR5 said it's a darn good oil to boot.

Gulf are doing a 20/50 Classic in tins too. I want some, but the 2 local stockists won't get it in.

20w50.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back