Bob Villa is the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy Underhill does woodworking. Bob Vila does home construction/remodeling.

Not exactly comparable disciplines or shows...

I am a Norm Abram fan, myself....

While many readers of Fine Woodworking magazine thought it blasphemy to have him on the cover of issue #99, because his craft was simple and relied heavily on machines, he introduced millions to woodworking in his show, "The New Yankee Workshop".

Norm got his start in television by saving many of Bob Vila's projects on "This Old House"...Bob was the host, but Norm was the craftsman that knew how to fix the carpentry...

Last edited:
of course he is the worst. the reason "This Old House" let him go, was that he signed on with Sears, and was trying every oportunity to pimp their products on the show.

Norm isn't just awesome in the woodshop, He's also lent his likeness and voice talents to several PBS kids shows, and, most importantly, the Final episode of Freakazoid!,"Normadeus". (the Baddie Kidnapped Norm to build the "ultimate Weapon" against Freakazoid!)

Originally Posted By: 285south
I never liked him or his beard.

Much prefer Roy Underhill - The Woodwright's Shop

20th Anniversary Episode video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TsRkTRbuIk

Roy underhill comes across as so down to earth. I want to meet him in person sometime but then again maybe he is a jerk in person.

I grew up watching him after school and his methods brought my wild amped up teenage mind back to a state of calm. I often wondered in the credit he in walking in a waterwheel type device...he grabs it and starts to go up and about head over heels thrn it cuts away...what happened, how did he get out of there? Lol

My parents saw the Woodwright many many years ago in person. I always found it entertaining, when watching him on TV, that he always had random bandages as the show proceeded.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
If you don't like Bob Villa, don't watch him. Problem solved.

But then what topics would he have to create a thread about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back