Alignment ?- Ford inspection toe and camber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went today to get the "works" at the local Ford dealer for my 2006 Lacrosse (the Works is a Motorcraft Synnblend oil change, tire rotation and multi-point inspection promotion for $29). I brought my own filter (ACDelco) so they deducted that. (I needed the rotation and it would cost $20 so that was basically a free oil change

Anyways... they found that my wheels were out of alignment. Here are the values: (in degrees)

Left front camber -.1 -1.6

Right front camber -1.6 -.1

Total toe (front) -.1 +.30

Left rear camber -.3 -1.3

Right rear camber -1.3 -.3

Total toe (rear) -.1 .30

(they recommended an alignment)

About a month ago, I had a left outer tie rod end replaced and the other one was replaced at some point. My independent mechanic did the work and aligned front end. What would you do? (the red values are fails)

(the whole test was computerized. The tech showed me on the car)

What do you think I should do?? Get it realigned or leave it? In other words, how far out of alignment am I?

You're missing numbers and your numbers don't make sense.

The alignment spec sheet says "tire wear and handling problems may result" for good reason. Tire wear and handling problems may result
grin.gif

Does those use MacPherson struts, 4 lateral links and 2 trailing links on the rear suspension? If so, you should buy some camber adjustment bolts so your mechanic can properly set rear camber.

I get Eibach brand from a local speed parts shop, and I pay $20-$30 depending on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back