MMO stucks free rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel Mystery Oil stucks free rings.

On a positive note, when combined with Suzuki 10w-40- the mixture when added to a hamster wheel went years without needing subsequent lubrication due to squeaking.

That is all!

Originally Posted By: Donald
I think there is only one good use for MMO and that's to pour directly into cylinders when they are rusted stuck due water ingestion.

It was a good oil additive to the older oils to prevent sludge , but with modern oils its not necessary. Good if you have a bunch of SE/ SF oil to use.

Last edited:
I did an soak on a Saturn that had been consuming a quart/3000 miles.

The very next week (1500 miles) she was down a quart.

SatinSilver, I was here first YOU apologize for telling me to go away and try being a decent person.

Ethan1, I do not know what it did. I drove about 1 mile, let er cool for a few moments (as the Saturn said pulling hot plugs can do damage), pulled the plugs, poured about two ounces in each cylinder. Took a nap, put paper towels over the holes, cranked a few seconds st a time for about a total of one minute, reinstalled, smoke fest while leaving. I dont remember the car driving different, but consumption doubled instantly.

Donald, nice idea. Is this for dirt bikes you have taken underwater?

I have used MMO with great success forever it really is good stuff if you use it the way they tell you that is a plus if you don't use it thats ok also i won't lose sleep over it.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

The very next week (1500 miles) she was down a quart

I had a similar experience this month.

One vehicle we have is an Acura SLX (Isuzu V6). It has known ring issues similar to saturns and Corollas. I have over time done SeaFoam soaks and got consumption down to a reasonable level (~ 1qt/2k). I put mmo 1qt of 5 in the crankcase, ran it 1k. Drained, filled with 3qts oil, 2 qts. Kerosene. Ran 15 minutes at idle., Let cool, pulled plugs, filled each cylinder w/100cc of Kerosene. Let soak down overnight. Drained all, refilled with Mobil 1 10w-40 HM and a PureOne filter. 800 miles later I am down a quart. Not sure what happned; I have had soaks result in nothing or improvement, but never regression.

I am tempted to drain out the crank, put in some cheap oil, repeat again and drain and then put the M1 back in.

Last edited:
I think there is only one good use for MMO and that's to pour directly into cylinders when they are rusted stuck due water ingestion.

+1 I have done that twice to seized engines. Fill the cylinders, let it soak a week....turn the crank with a breaker bar.....zama. Back on the road after one oil change.

Originally Posted By: Doog

+1 I have done that twice to seized engines. Fill the cylinders, let it soak a week....turn the crank with a breaker bar.....zama. Back on the road after one oil change.

I wonder what would have happened if you would have just used motor oil.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

The very next week (1500 miles) she was down a quart.

Ethan1, I do not know what it did. I drove about 1 mile, let er cool for a few moments (as the Saturn said pulling hot plugs can do damage), pulled the plugs, poured about two ounces in each cylinder. Took a nap, put paper towels over the holes, cranked a few seconds st a time for about a total of one minute, reinstalled, smoke fest while leaving. I dont remember the car driving different, but consumption doubled instantly.

So you only let it soak for,maybe, an hour or 2? I have always heard that you should let it soak at least 8 hours or overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back