Tonneau Cover Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either go to a tarp repair place or online and purchase some heavy vinyl and HH-66 vinyl glue. The glue is stronger than the material. Its so strong I've taken 14' x 48' foot used billboard signs and made a 42' x 66' tarp to go over a hoop house. Held up to heavy snow and lots of wind.

I'm assuming a "notable" tear is more than three inches or less. If that's the case, find out who the reputable tarp / awning / hunting tent / portable structure / Bimini top manufacturer and installer in your area is, and take it to them for repair. Please note I said "manufacturer and installer".

If it's anything like my local guys, you will be surprised at how inexpensive they are, plus the repair will be durable and decent in appearance.

It's not worth the effort, in my experience, to bother with a DIY repair of dubious durability, but if you insist, calculate materials at twice what you think it will take, because if your repair is in an area with any tension whatsoever, you will be doing it a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back