Where can I buy steel braided brake hoses ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Buick LeSabre w/ 3800 V6

I've looked all over the internet - nothing comes up.
Supposedly, they give you a more solid pedal feel.

more solid pedal feel? How much are you willing to pay for that?

Originally Posted By: andyd
The braid is pretty much decorative. The hose is still a hose and still has the potential to split.

The steel braid keeps the hose from expanding when you step on the brake pedal = more solid pedal feel.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The braid is pretty much decorative. The hose is still a hose and still has the potential to split.

The steel braid keeps the hose from expanding when you step on the brake pedal = more solid pedal feel.

And it's nice.

I have had them on my performance oriented-car for a long time and like them. Daily drivers I don't bother with.

Just google "custom" and ss hose and there are a lot of places that will make them and they won't be much more than pre-packaged ones.

Or, see if you can find what other performance GM cars your hoses overlap with, then look for SS line kits for those. Likely the correct fittings and length exist in another GM application.

+1 I had a set made for my Rav4...better pedal. Some custom shop in Alabama made them.

I ran them on an offroad truck. I needed them due to the lift. I could feel a difference after the install.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Every Buick I've driven has pretty squishy brakes. Braided brake lines would be nice.

My brakes aren't squishy but I have all new brake lines

Get the ones that have a protective sleeve over the braided wire. Otherwise, on a daily driver, dirt and sand will get between the wire mesh and the rubber hose underneath and can rub through the hose.

I put in a braided steel rear line on the Cherokee a few years back (more droop) and finally replaced the fronts with more rubber lines. The new rubber lines deliver a nice solid pedal feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back