Bought a new 2014 Honda CB1100!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing my 2008 Yamaha Roadliner with this bike. Anyone else have one? I know there aren't many out there, but I really like it so far. I'm not liking the 8k valve inspection, but at least there isn't much in the way of pulling the cover. Been using T6 in my bikes for a while now with no problems. Probably stick with it in this bike unless there is a reason otherwise. Already ordered a rear rack for it so the wife can have a backrest (top case works for that).
In other news, anyone want a sweet 08 Roadliner...?

Those are seriously cool bikes. Modern day UJM and air cooled at that.

I'd love to own one but I figure by the time I'm ready for a new bike they'll no longer be produced.

Is yours the year where the upgraded model comes with ABS?

How comfortable is it without a windshield?

Well the last year here was 2014 as far as I know. I searched for a good while for the Deluxe model, which includes ABS, but could not find one anywhere remotely near California. I haven't even had it on the freeway yet, just up to about 65mph on a main boulevard. I think I'll get one of those small headlight fairings to help break a bit of the wind, but a big windshield would look strange on this bike.
The 83 model looks pretty cool. I ordered a rear rack already, and will try to figure out a way to mount a sissy bar to it, or a top case. I think a slip-on muffler would be cool, but that can certainly wait. I want some engine guards though...

Used to do 150 mile trek from Boston to the White Mountains in October. Did it once without a fairing and it wasn't really too comfortable. The fairing made it much more comfortable in early spring and fall.

Nice bike. Old school look.

Should be a pretty sweet bike overall. Just got back from putting a few miles on it around town running errands. Quite a different experience than my Roadliner, which has a whindshield and everything.

I really like it. My Roadliner might already be sold. One of my friends knows how I take care of my vehicles, and he is looking to step up to a bigger bike. That would work out nicely.

I really like those. I looked at one before I bought my Harley. Unfortunately, I'm tall and need to stretch my legs out and the Honda wasn't comfortable for me.

Nice bike
smile.gif
I would have gone XJR1300 for a big comfy bike with a turn of speed, but it's the differences that make it fun!

I love the way they look, but almost $11k for a 1100cc bike that only makes 86 hp and weighs 550 lbs, and only a 5 speed gearbox just seems off to me...ESPECIALLY being air cooled (cheaper). Seems like a $8K bike max at those specs. Sadly, IMHO, Honda has not made anything fun or exciting in years. The most interesting bike they make is the Grom...and that is kind of sad.

Mine is a 2014, and that year got a 6th gear. MSPR was $10.4k, this one was marked down to $8.4k, and I got a good interest rate. I'm happy so far. It has plenty of usable power throughout the rpm range, from off-idle upward. I'm not a racer, so I don't need the baddest street machine. This bike should be practical, reliable, and economical in the long run. Pretty comfortable, and it's a lot of fun to ride.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
Mine is a 2014, and that year got a 6th gear. MSPR was $10.4k, this one was marked down to $8.4k, and I got a good interest rate. I'm happy so far. It has plenty of usable power throughout the rpm range, from off-idle upward. I'm not a racer, so I don't need the baddest street machine. This bike should be practical, reliable, and economical in the long run. Pretty comfortable, and it's a lot of fun to ride.

Congrats on the bike. Remember thehe only thing that matters is that you are happy with the price and the bike. Enjoy it!

Originally Posted By: Olas
Nice bike
smile.gif
I would have gone XJR1300 for a big comfy bike with a turn of speed, but it's the differences that make it fun!

Unfortunately, the XJR1200 and XJR1300 have never been offered in the States. If they had been, I would've bought one simply for the nostalgia of the engine. I had an FJ1200 back in the day, it is really the only bike I regret selling.

OP, nice bike.

I need to remove the warning stickers and stuff, but I hit it was Chemical Guys Blacklight earlier. Will give it a coat of Jet Seal later on. Got rid of the fingerprints and stuff that were on the bike. Some very light scratches in the tank, but mostly gone now even just after the Blacklight. Really a good looking bike in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back