Best looking oil bottles in last 25 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am curious to what you all think are the best looking oil containers in the past number of years.

Mine are #1 STP latest bottles and containers... They look really sharp with great shape and color scheme. #2 Quaker State clear bottles were really awesome due to actually seeing what the brand new oil looked like. #3 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum bottles look very good with dark color combination. #4 Amalie bottles and containers look very good in my opinion too. #5 Castrol with titanium gold bottle looks very nice which clearly delineates itself from their black bottle offerings.
So which ones have you all liked a lot?

I liked when Exxon Superflo went with the wide mouth bottles around 1999. It was an honest oil from "an oil company" like "Texaco Havoline" or of course Mobil whom they merged with shortly thereafter. The wide mouths glugged less, poured faster, and kind of fixed the problems inherent with the first 15 years of plastic bottles.

It had the tiger on the label ("Put a tiger in your tank", a motto sadly written off.)

The bottles were a cheery red with paper label and the case of 12 stacked nicely. Sure I like a 5 quart jug like anyone but in the old days these were more rare.

I guess I'm 99% nostalgic.
laugh.gif

The previous generation Castrol GTX bottles with the green and red stripe going down the front. The new camshaft logos look horrible.

Yeah the QSUD clear bottles where pretty cool. I also like the look of the new STP oil jugs as well.

My favorite bottle graphic designs are Valvoline Synpower, Kendall GT, and Havoline Deposit Shield bottles.

I find the current Pennzoil Platinum 5-qt jugs to have very attractive designs, but are very difficult to pour from.

For functionality purposes, the current Mobil 1 and Valvoline jugs are the best to work with. Easy to pour and very easy to transport oil in.

You are spot on with your analysis here. I got a Mobil Super Synthetic 5 qt container that pours great and actually seals tightly with no leaking. The Pennzoil and Castrol 5 qt containers all tighten up and then pop loose. I am going to buy another Mobil Super Synthetic 5 qt container so that I have 3 of them. All 3 fit a box my lady has perfectly therefore making transport very easy and spill proof.

More than 25 years, but the good old Kerr McGee Blue Velvet cans, in their royal blue color were very attractive.

ROD

Valvoline NextGen Oil in green bottles. For a long time it was free after rebate (FAR)

Still have a couple of them in storage waiting for use.

St Patrick day is coming along. Green beer and green bottle oil. What is not to like?

But seriously folks. Whatever is on sale for less than or equal to $1 per quart. Do not really care what the bottle looks like. Thank you for the oil as I will only recycle the bottle and have a nice day.

The 1L canteens of oil made by Chief, and used as the house brand for SuperCheapAuto (SCA) in Australia.

344496.jpg

That Mobil 2, it really stands for something these days.

Is that a Cavalier it is on/in?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I liked when Exxon Superflo went with the wide mouth bottles around 1999. It was an honest oil from "an oil company" like "Texaco Havoline" or of course Mobil whom they merged with shortly thereafter. The wide mouths glugged less, poured faster, and kind of fixed the problems inherent with the first 15 years of plastic bottles.

It had the tiger on the label ("Put a tiger in your tank", a motto sadly written off.)

The bottles were a cheery red with paper label and the case of 12 stacked nicely. Sure I like a 5 quart jug like anyone but in the old days these were more rare.

I guess I'm 99% nostalgic.
laugh.gif

Reminiscent are we?

I had in my hands once a 10w-30 bottle of the Superflo....right about the time I stumbled onto Bob's.

I like Synpower SL. Not quite, but not silver either. I like the color graphite.

NAPA's blue with yellow lid are very cool to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back