New oils avail at local WMart

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
No more Valvoline Synpower. It's been replaced by Valvoline Full Synthetic w/Maxlife technology.

Rotella 15W-40 synthetic blend (gray bottle)

Not available yet but saw a sign advertising EDGE High Mileage.

Originally Posted By: wemay
No more Valvoline Synpower. It's been replaced by Valvoline Full Synthetic w/Maxlife technology.

Rotella 15W-40 synthetic blend (gray bottle)

Specs on Synpower/Synpower with ML look great. NOACK in the 6-10% range. 5w20 has a NOACK of 9.3%. 10w30 is around 6%.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I've ran synpower 5w30 in a WRX I one owned and have an excellent up a posted here. Shame it's being replaced with something else. Will check out a Wal-Mart near me to see what's stocked. But Wal-Mart store product variety differs based on product demand.. . Uoa of it. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2926183

Actually, the VFS (Valvoline Full Syn) is supposed to be their 'top' oil. According to Valvoline.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Are they dropping T5 in 10W-30 (at your WM)?

They had the full compliment of Rotella...

RT6 - 5W40 Syn
T5 -- 10W30 Syn Blnd
T --- 15W40 Convl

Just adding the T5 15W40 Syn Blnd

Auto Zone was clearing out the old Synpower in November-December. I guess that was the writing on the wall. Have to keep up with the Jones. Out with the old, in with the new.

They have all Rotella's at my Wal mart and now Royal Purple. For $39.98 I'll pass
frown.gif

Yeah, Royal Purple has been in this store for a few years now. It's the API/ILSAC version too and costs $37.XX.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Auto Zone was clearing out the old Synpower in November-December. I guess that was the writing on the wall. Have to keep up with the Jones. Out with the old, in with the new.

I could see this coming too, when my wife's aunt went to their Quick Oil Change facility and the synthetic blend offered was not DuraBlend, but red bottled Maxlife instead. I believe Valvoline was the first to say that HM oils, SN/GF-5 approved, are perfectly safe for any vehicle, high mileage or not. That appears to be the direction they've taken.

Good to know, although I've heard it's only available in 1qt bottles.

The SA is pretty low too for the Valvoline oils (.93-1.0%). Good for GDI/LSPI.

Interesting that they combined their two flagship oils into one.
Wonder if the credit goes to engineering or marketing departments.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Good to know, although I've heard it's only available in 1qt bottles.

That's a great point Quattro Pete, since i didn't even look at the qt bottles. It may already be in the store and i just missed it. The signage was in a main isle where they have GTX and GTX HM stacked up with a sale price of $17.XX.

Edge HM supposedly contains even more Ti than Edge/Edge EP.

Based on VOA for Ti: Edge 7 ppm, Edge EP 22 ppm....have not seen HM Edge yet.

Originally Posted By: buster

Yeah, good Noack and SA numbers for sure. Another good number is the $22.XX reg. price.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: buster

Yeah, good Noack and SA numbers for sure. Another good number is the $22.XX reg. price.
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Are they dropping T5 in 10W-30 (at your WM)?

They had the full compliment of Rotella...

RT6 - 5W40 Syn
T5 -- 10W30 Syn Blnd
T --- 15W40 Convl

Just adding the T5 15W40 Syn Blnd
Thanks; I will have to check and see if mine carries it. I am really liking the Kendall synblend in 15W-40; would be nice to try it in Rotella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back