2016 Honda Pilot-new vehicle puchase Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy what you like after test driving everything. The vehicle you purchase has to suit you. Who cares about what everybody and his brother thinks. It's your hard earned money. Could you possibly have some problems? Sure, and that applies to anything you buy.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: powayroger
Of the 3, the Pilot has the most room, not only for storage, but in the 3rd seat (My wife is a girl scout leader so she wants that extra seating). I’ve been happy with my Civic (Other than the cracked head recall at 91,000 miles).

Just buy a minivan instead.
More seating, more comfortable, more storage, better at what you actually need the car to do when carrying lots of people in comfort, AND gets better gas mileage.

BC.

Agreed. That 3rd row seating is quite small and uncomfortable on most mid-size SUVs. Might as well just do it right and get a minivan.

We just traded a 2004 Honda Pilot with 175k on it.
The car was bought new in 2003 and had 5k synthetic oil changes. Over its 175k miles, it needed:

-blower motor
-tie rod ends
-several brake jobs (trouble spot)
-tires
-oil pressure sensor
-airbag module (under warranty)
and a few more things

The tranny shuddered at ~45 mph for a very long time. The rpms would jump and the car vibrated. This got worse towards the end.

It also gained an appetite for oil towards the end.

As you can see, it was pretty good for us. Would buy another. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Donald
If I wanted to know about vehicle reliability I would be reading the current issue of Consumer Reports (annual auto issue).

35.gif

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
What you guys think of the 2016 Kia Sedona?
Did a short test drive, enough power and big inside.

It would be the perfect vehicle for the OP.

I don't think you're the OP, however.

BC.

Okay. So some of you are probably wondering what we ended up purchasing (Look at pass threads of mine). We ended up buying a 2016 Honda Pilot LX. The main reason was the room in the 3rd row. I’m 6’2” and while I preferred the Highlander, I could not really fit in the 3rd row without twisting my head. The Pilot, I could sit straight up. While I probably would never sit there, my wife is a girl scout leader and wanted that extra room. Our 13-year-old daughter thought the Highlander 3rd row was also too tight.

Yea, it was hard to get rid of my 2001 Chevy Silverado because it was such a good vehicle with lots of memories, but the Civic was a no problem having had recently dealt with their cracked head recall.

This youtube video is what pretty much sealed the deal-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It3f7ZbEuzE

but does this really need another topic? At this point its practically trolling to make a new thread for the same topic.

maybe a mod could combine your 6 threads 10 threads into one?

Last edited:
Both fine vehicle's. It just comes down to which one is a better fit for your family. I am thinking really hard about the Highlander.

Originally Posted By: buffalobob
Don't be hatin' on highlander, I work at the factory. In fact production is way behind demand.

Yeah thats what I was told...near impossible to find one up here for a test drive.

Congrats OP on the new ride! Should hopefully give you years of trouble free driving ahead.

Originally Posted By: Rand
but does this really need another topic? At this point its practically trolling to make a new thread for the same topic.

Well, I felt like adding another thread just for you!!!

Originally Posted By: powayroger
Originally Posted By: Rand

Well, I felt like adding another thread just for you!!!

The man's gotta take that badge off and have a cold one to chill out. Congratulations on the new ride.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Hopefully Honda has all the bugs worked out. Congratulations .

I have a first year model of 2007 Acura (mdx) and its been trouble free. Just gets free tsb for issues I never encountered. I would not worry a bit with the this vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back