2004 Caravan lug torque spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm that 110 ft-lbs is the correct lug nut torque for a 2004 Dodge Caravan 3.3L V6 on stock rims? I have seen a range of suggestions from 80 to 135 ft-lbs across Google, but I believe 110 ft-lbs is correct. I don't need the old man's wheels falling off after I work on his car
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: silveravant
What does the owner's manual say?

It doesn't. It only provides a torque spec for the spare, which is 95 ft-lbs (and annoying... Dodge manuals are severely lacking). Reading through various boards I saw 110 ft-lbs. Just trying to get a confirmation that is correct.

The actual spec for that vehicle, and most Mopar's, is a range of 85 to 100 foot lbs. So, just set it mid-range at 100 ft lb, and you are good to go, or 110, if like it a little tighter.

Discount tire puts 110 foot lbs. on my 2004 Chrysler Town & Country with the 3.3L engine.

Thanks all. While on the subject of this van, does anyone know where besides the pinch weld is good for using a floor jack? If I want to do a tire rotation I usually use then pinch welds for the jack stands. Cant use both if I want to get all four wheels off of the ground.

Control arms, tow hooks, middle of the axles, etc. I have no idea what it looks like under this van and dont want to crush anything.

Last summer when I got my new Contis, DT started torquing the wheels and snapped two studs. There were 2 others that wouldn't go 100ft lb. I told them to use 95ft lbs., it's in the speck. I asked what they were trying to get and they said the factory speck is 105 and I wouldn't be allowed to leave until they got it. I said you broke it, you fix it. How to fixit? Replace all 20 studs on your dime. So they did. Took 4 hours to find 20 wheel studs. The mgr drove all over the county and finally went to a neighboring town. A local indi shop did a R&B on the old tires twice, I had the the wheels off to do the brake job. There were never any issues with the studs.There is absolutely no reason to torque those wheels to 105 ft. lb. Stupidest thing I've thing I've ever seen.

Originally Posted By: skaughtz
Thanks all. While on the subject of this van, does anyone know where besides the pinch weld is good for using a floor jack? If I want to do a tire rotation I usually use then pinch welds for the jack stands. Cant use both if I want to get all four wheels off of the ground.

Control arms, tow hooks, middle of the axles, etc. I have no idea what it looks like under this van and dont want to crush anything.

I find a floor jack works best right under the rear axle. Then put the jack stands on both sides of the axle. Then you have the jack free for the front wheels. These vans have solid rear axles so jack it with confidence.

The engineer's solution would be to find another car with the same lug studs and see what they spec. For my 12mm x1.5 cars Toyota has said 76 and GM 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back