2005 Trailblazer getting a new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: The_Eric
I'll admit that it typically takes me a bit longer, but I tend to obsess over the "minutia". Every single wire went back EXACTLY as it left the factory, in every clip. Every nut, bolt and bracket too. Fortunately people don't mind paying the extra bit for me taking my time.

To answer Colt45ws's question- my time has definitely gone over. At the point you asked, I was around 15 hours in, but that included getting the new engine prepped to go in too. I could do much better next time around for sure though. Like I said- "hind sight".

Good Job Eric, I'm the same way. I can usually tell if somebody in a hurry has done work because they don't take the time to do this. To me, it's indicative of the quality of the entire job.

Thanks man!

I tend to agree. Sloppy routing usually does indicate poor quality workmanship...

Nice machine and job.

My 2002 S10 Blazer started with a cold miss and some lower end noise about the time I decided to sell it with about 22OK hard miles on the 2WD.

Since 2006 (I got it with 102K miles on it) it has had a Jasper transmission, new radiator, recent brakes and rotors all around. Two new tires and the others are 50%.

I just gave it to my mechanic who has a nice shop but a great day job. He has always under charged me and has a 14 year old grandson that he plans to fix it up for since he knows it inside out.

It still looks nice but the leather on the bottom of the driver's seat is now holey.

A clean TrailBlazer with only 109K miles is worth a new engine if he is going to keep it and hope it does not get wrecked.

For $5K I picked up a very nice 2006 Ford 500 SEL FWD with 110K miles and talked with the owner who bought it in 2006 and worked for a Ford dealership where it got OCI every 5K miles.

The taxes on a new vehicle can cover a lot to fix the old known vehicle to say nothing about more insurance cost and the cost of money.

Again Eric thanks for the details and photos.

You're welcome! I don't mind snapping a few pics and posting for others to see. It's always been interesting to see others build or project pics, so I figured I'd do the same.

Good luck on your 500!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back