Mahle LX 3495....2015 Accord V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to replace the engine air filter and cabin on the Accord the other day. It is a 2015 with just shy of 20,000 miles so this was the factory filers being replaced. Honda wanted $60 for both filters, parts store seemed to be at least $40, I bought both on Amazon prime for $31. The Mahle is a US made filter that looked exactly like the Honda one and fit well. The Fram cabin filter said made in China and fit okay.

Wow! That is about as dirty as I've ever seen a filter, and at only 20k miles?! What are the details of your driving environment? Is there anything upstream of this filter, like a PCV inlet, that could explain the color and dirtiness level? This looks like the engine air filter; how did the cabin air filter look?

Thanks for contributing!

Originally Posted By: nicrfe1370
Wow! That is about as dirty as I've ever seen a filter, and at only 20k miles?! What are the details of your driving environment? Is there anything upstream of this filter, like a PCV inlet, that could explain the color and dirtiness level? This looks like the engine air filter; how did the cabin air filter look?

Thanks for contributing!

Cabin filter was not so bad, just an even coat of grey is the best way to describe it. I do not think there is a PCV inlet before the air filter. I am pretty sure it is just the air box resonator and inlet tube. My driving environment is now pretty much all city and once in awhile I head out in to the country or highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back