Amsoil PI gas treatment as engine cleaner???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXW

2005 Jeep gr cherokee, 3.7, using PP 5w30 at 4-5k intervals with Bosch filter. 145k on the unit.

Using a quart per 4k miles. I do my own oil changes, it comes out black or very dark brown. This oci sending sample to be analyzed.

Question: what are the potential consequences of adding 10 oz of Amsoil PI (polyester amines) to the oil for a short period, say 1000 miles?

I think you'd be wasting the Amsoil PI as I don't believe the amines work as a solvent. You'd be better off using Seafoam, MMO or even Berryman's IMO....

I wouldn't chance it, there are other products made specifically for what you're trying to accomplish.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Has it had synthetic every 4-5k it's whole life? If so it's probably already spotless

Unknown for the first 60k, dealer bulk etc. It seems to have some very dirty oil, even on the PP 5w30.

She let's it idle forever, severe service category I would think fits this Jeep.

It's far from.spotless.

I bought a quart of MMO, M1 filter and tech ron this morning. Only once have I had MMO in egine, that was 2010 F150 with 5.4 that I purchased with 100k on it. If I had to guess that MMO dose did some cleaning before I switched to Pennsoil Plat/Ultra. A bit smoother after the MMO was used for 200 miles or so. Again, switched to leading brand oil also so very hard to tell.

On the Jeep the dipstick metal isn't silver any more, very hard to read the stick even in daylight conditions.

Send it to Pontual.

He adds it to his after lunch Martini's.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back