Guy is INSANE?..20 Quarts of oil=free stuck rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his theory is correct..wouldnt it be smarter to just change the filter and not the oil? The oil has the same detergents regardless of miles.

Varnish only has limited solubility in oil, and only deposits when it's so concentrated as to be no longer soluble.

Fresh oil has no varnish, but can only hold so much (not much), so you need to carry it out with the oil, you can't filter it out.

(Well you can but need an electrostatic, ion exchange, or activated cellulose depth media)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Varnish only has limited solubility in oil, and only deposits when it's so concentrated as to be no longer soluble.

Fresh oil has no varnish, but can only hold so much (not much), so you need to carry it out with the oil, you can't filter it out.

(Well you can but need an electrostatic, ion exchange, or activated cellulose depth media)

That leads me to think that this guy may be on to something!? LOL

But who know how many miles or hours it takes to load up the new oil with the ring varnish....not me. No clue. He says TEN miles at one point and I think he says 100 at another point. Could be right?

Interesting question of how fast an oil can load varnish.

Ring soak with Berryman B-12 Chemtool over night and repeat. Then change the oil immediately and again within 500 miles. If there is any chance of unsticking the rings this will do it.

I love Peter Finn's videos, especially is talking when working. He is a blast.

Originally Posted By: TTK

I say this with all respect for the man but... Gosh it's agony listening to him struggle with words. Nice videos though. He needs some torque specs though.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Originally Posted By: TTK

I say this with all respect for the man but... Gosh it's agony listening to him struggle with words. Nice videos though. He needs some torque specs though.

If you watch several of his videos, I think you will conclude he is pretty thorough and capable. How he chose the name Peter Finn is an enigma.

Agreed, at first his voice was a little annoying, but he reminds me of the Bob Ross (painter) of vehicle repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back