Well, that's not gonna buff out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I was turning right at an intersection, a woman started to cross on the cross walk so I yielded to her and stopped. Then I got rear-ended by a lifted Chevy pickup. He swerved to try to miss me but wasn't able to completely. Luckily I'm ok, just a sore back and neck.

I'm pretty sure the Camry will be totalled. It shifted the trunk lid over and buckled the quarter panel. The gap to the rear door and wheel well is touching now. Trunk hardly closes. It's officially a beater now.

2iiefzl.jpg

Sorry to hear, I know you were very fond of that car. Maybe look for another 2000 or 2001 Camry. My dad used to have an 01 Camry LE Gallery Edition which was pearl white on the top and silver on the bottom. Glad you're OK.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Glad you are ok. What vehicle are looking at to replace the Camry?
I'll definitely be keeping the Camry. My dad has done collision repair for almost 30 years, so we'll be able to pull out the corner and I can put a junk yard tail-light in it.

And I'm glad he has insurance, they'll be calling me tomorrow to set up getting the car inspected. It's Progressive, so I hope they don't cheap out.

Keep your guard up. The owner of the body shop I have used for over 20 yrs has said that Progressive adjusters are the hardest to deal with.

I was listening to a radio auto show based in Columbus, OH. One of the frequent triage of host is Steve Germain, of Germain Toyota. He stated a few weeks ago that old Camrys are many times sold and shipped out of the U.S. where they are worth more. Because we dispose of cars here in the U.S. when in third world countries a car is driven until can't be repaired because of a bad accident.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'll definitely be keeping the Camry. My dad has done collision repair for almost 30 years, so we'll be able to pull out the corner and I can put a junk yard tail-light in it.

And I'mI'

It might be interesting if you documented the repair with Picts and or vids and post for us.

That's a real bummer. Lots of good older cars on the road, and one minor accident and they are totaled.

I used to work at a body shop and that quarter can be pulled and straightened. You're going about it the right way. FWIW I got rear ended back in 2001 by a guy w/Progressive ins and I got a decent check from them. We were on vacation, and they sent a Ford eXplorer out w/ printer in the back to print the check right there at our beach house.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

And I'mI'

It might be interesting if you documented the repair with Picts and or vids and post for us.

I will. I don't want to get fancy with anything, just as long as a new tail light fits, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back