Can I put an A855 engine in my 2000 Stratus 2.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not because it has a turbo. The engine in it did not make it. I have a friend at a junkyard that will sell me one for $100. For $100, it is worth it to me to have it back. It has sentimental value as it was my first car. Will a 2.4L with a turbo from a Neon SRT4 work without mods?

Last edited:
It might bolt up, but there will most likely be some compatibility issues with the ECM, exhaust, wiring and other things. If you use your manifolds and do away with the turbo, you will most likely lose power over stock since most turbo engines have lower compression over a normally aspirated engine.
I did such a conversion on our 01 Protege, by putting an 03 Mazdaspeed Protege engine in. I had to change the ECM, but plugged right in to the existing wiring. I had to deal with the exhaust and intercooler plumbing as well. My swap was very straightforward and cheap in comparison to other cars. Both cars used the same transaxle and clutch. Nonetheless, I had more money into making it compatible than I did buying the engine.
I think its a bigger hassle than its worth, but check with some Mopar sites to see what others say. The vast majority of BITOGers are most likely to give you a resounding "no". If I had to give you a quick, no nonsense answer, I would say no as well unless you have unlimited funds and a spare car.

I guess I should change my answer to be specific, Yes it's possible if you have at least a few thousand dollars of disposable cash and lots of labor hours but No it won't drop in as a straight up swap and since you're poor it's not an option for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back