Went with the $48.88 Wal-Mart value battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
The top of that case looks as thin as a black Tupperware top. I wonder how many of these will become leakers before long.

If I have any issues I'll report them. If these batteries actually hold up it could end up being a great value. Every Johnson's Controls battery I've ever used has given great service and I expect the same with this one even if it's the cheapest option on the market.

Originally Posted By: Corollaman
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
The top of that case looks as thin as a black Tupperware top. I wonder how many of these will become leakers before long.

If I have any issues I'll report them. If these batteries actually hold up it could end up being a great value. Every Johnson's Controls battery I've ever used has given great service and I expect the same with this one even if it's the cheapest option on the market.

Please do!

I'd consider this, if the only cost savings was due to the shorter warranty. It's not clear if these are also of inferior construction, which may be good in certain applications, not so much in others.

I wonder what the amp-hour rating is carried by the ValuePower battery. Many OEMs now specify an amp-hour rating for replacement batteries. In fact, BMW asks for this information when you code the vehicle with the new battery information. But luckily, I don't think Toyota has gone that far just yet.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
My Altima OEM batteries (3 of them) lasted only 3 years.

Sounds about right for hot Florida.
The original Johnson battery in my Toyota was still going strong after 9 years when I replaced it last October.
Combination of cooler climate, driving only 2-3X per week (~6000 mi per year) and charging overnight every 2 months.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
I haven't noticed the $49.00 battery in our Walmart. Have to take a look the next time I'm there. Are they displayed on the battery rack?
At 1 of the Walmarts I go to, they're on an end cap of the row of batteries while the pricy batteries are in the aisle. The other Walmart I shop at has them all on the same racks, but for some reason they're all locked behind a plastic door? I don't see how they can sell many batteries if they're locked behind a door. I saw some old date codes on those batteries.

sold the subaru i put a valuepower battery into, but i get to stare at it everyday anyway because i sold it to my neighbor. 3.5 months and the battery still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back