Laster Pistol Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Traded in my 442 Smith for a LC9-S. So in the last year, I gave 2 pistols away, sold 2 and for a grand total of $730 out of pocket I have 4 New pistols (LCP, G-43, 9mm Shield and the LC9-S.). They are near the top of the class in reliability.

The trigger is the best I have ever tested everywhere.

So you've committed to pocket 9mms, except for the elsie pea. 380 is so close to 9mm you can load one up and never know until it doesn't go bang. Ask how I know. 1- 380 in a bag of 50 9mm range loaded ammo.

What's your logic for 3 very similar pistols?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

BC I can.
smile.gif
I love that size pistol. And variety is the spice of life.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Just curious Al.
What was your beef with that 442 revolver? I assume it was 38-special.

I just hate revolvers. It was not a good carry gun compared to the LCP.
As far as wheel guns go it was great. Pretty accurate. Hard to beat Smith Revolvers.

Originally Posted By: Al

BC I can.
smile.gif
I love that size pistol. And variety is the spice of life.
smile.gif

Do you have a "carry rotation" (?!) or 1 SD & 2 range toy 9mms?

Do you have a "carry rotation" (?!) or 1 SD & 2 range toy 9mms?

No. The LCP is all I carry. I do some out of the way trails and then I will holster one of the 9's. I don't have to worry about flashing or printing. Although, PA is OC so its really not an issue. I just like the Pocket holster (LCP)

Many times I will carry my 9 on my hip and LCP in my front pocket, versus carrying extra magazines.

Check out the .380 Ruger ARX Poly bullets in 56 grain. It's my carry choice now and the little LCP now shoots where I aim it. Better grip control / accuracy and the next bullet composition wave coming to all calibers soon.

In ten more years, poly bullets will see 500% growth in sales.

Last edited:
Many times I will carry my 9 on my hip and LCP in my front pocket, versus carrying extra magazines.

Check out the .380 Ruger ARX Poly bullets in 56 grain. It's my carry choice now and the little LCP now shoots where I aim it. Better grip control / accuracy and the next bullet composition wave coming to all calibers soon.

In ten more years, poly bullets will see 500% growth in sales.

I agree, I think they will catch on. Ruger made a smart move in getting polycase company to put Ruger on its product.

Traded in my 442 Smith for a LC9-S. So in the last year, I gave 2 pistols away, sold 2 and for a grand total of $730 out of pocket I have 4 New pistols (LCP, G-43, 9mm Shield and the LC9-S.). They are near the top of the class in reliability.

The trigger is the best I have ever tested everywhere.
Love my 9MM shield. Had to run out and get a M&P 40C. Love my M&P's!

Instead of having three 9mms, my idea of keeping four would be....

.32ACP
.9mm
.45ACP

That allows me two options for my front pocket, one little larger for hip carry and the 45 for backup hip-carry when centerfire/muzzleloader rifle hunting seasons arrive.

Last edited:

.32ACP
.9mm
.45ACP

That allows me two options for my front pocket, one little larger for hip carry and the 45 for backup hip-carry when centerfire/muzzleloader rifle hunting seasons arrive.

Yea I do have a 45. I got rid of a 32 bc I see no use for one..do you?

Can;t argue that 3 9's are not needed. All three have their place. As good and reliable as the Shield is. Its heavier, and (IMHO) takes a back seat to the 43 (again-subjective and the shield holdss 2 more cartridges). The LP9 is the most accurate bc of an outstanding trigger.

Last edited:

.32ACP
.9mm
.45ACP

Yea I do have a 45. I got rid of a 32 bc I see no use for one..do you?

Yes I do. The .32 has put away a ton of bad guys, in self defense mode. Recoil is minimal, which to me is always welcome. I demand knowing where that bullet is going 99% of the time. The less recoil - the better odds it goes exactly where positioned.

That is why I shoot 56gr ARX Poly ammo in my .380 and 80gr ARX Poly ammo in my 9mm. In self defense mode, we may have to shoot one handed - on one leg - or body-twisted like a little sister. So command of any pistol is a must. The handguns I use assures me mid-chest hits, instead of hitting an arm or shoulder, created often by guns fed too heavy, or have too much recoil.

We are not policemen. We are not prior trained and regimented for self defense over the course of many years. We need that gun to work and administer properly, when desperately needed by an amateur using it. If anyone here is using a big handgun or real big cartridges, I sure hope you can shoot straight using one hand - in a bent position - standing unsturdy on one leg......etc....etc.... and still hit mid-chest.

Our CPLs/CCWs is for close encounters, not gunfights that go across streets. For we are responsible for every bullet we fire. Just a reminder to those that carry 12-15 or more rounds, after an encounter using that gun and shooting 15 times, your doorbell may ring 15 times by 15 different lawyers wanting to sue you, due to errant bullets fired from an oversized handgun.

I am done with this. Use whatever size you wish. But don't ever suggest I will be undergunned.

Last edited:

Yes I do. The .32 has put away a ton of bad guys, in self defense mode.
Just a reminder to those that carry 12-15 or more rounds, after an encounter using that gun and shooting 15 times, your doorbell may ring 15 times by 15 different lawyers wanting to sue you, due to errant bullets fired from an oversized handgun.

I am done with this. Use whatever size you wish. But don't ever suggest I will be undergunned.

OK, I can buyu that. And I am 1000% in your corner. And I agree 100%. I am very accurate at under 25 ft. And I only ever train to fire 2 shots. And they would have to be someone running toward me or stationary. Any other senario and you shouldn't be shooting.

Again the large capacity is not for me. And shouldn't be for the huge majority of folks.
11.gif

Just curious Al.
What was your beef with that 442 revolver? I assume it was 38-special.

I just hate revolvers. It was not a good carry gun compared to the LCP.
As far as wheel guns go it was great. Pretty accurate. Hard to beat Smith Revolvers.

Al, that would explain it! You didn't have a Ruger revolver! Smith's are pretty to look at, but Rugers are a real hoot to shoot.

Originally Posted By: 2cool

Al, that would explain it! You didn't have a Ruger revolver! Smith's are pretty to look at, but Rugers are a real hoot to shoot.

I had a Ruger SP101. Hated it bc it was too heavy..not Ruger's fault though.

I like all the same caliber and the same platform. When I switch from brands of single stack to double there is a bit if dial in time for me. If I could do it all over I would own 1 platform in various barrel lenghts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back