nice weather = pre-season service

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the unseasonable temperatures yesterday I decided to do my 'springtime' service (which I usually break up into several sessions) all in one shot...my goal yesterday was to adjust, clean, and lube the drive chain and I ended up doing an oil/filter change, new air filter, tighten battery terminal connections, and remount the leather tailbag (removed to clean & condition the leather); even had enough daylight to take an hour ride over back roads (35+ miles total); I usually run the oil for another 500-750 miles in the springtime before changing but glad it's done...if weather cooperates this coming weekend I might pull out the Honda Shadow 750 for an early oil/filter change & rear differential service; rode the GZ250 to work today (and hopefully tomorrow) before the temps drop nback into the 30's' so looking forward to riding season...sick of 'hibernation' syndrome
wink.gif

I do a similar thing, while I generally do maintenance based on mileage I'll usually try move it up or back so I can do it when the weather is nice and I can actually enjoy it. Things of the "every now and then" variety are good for that, such as fork oil, steering head greasing, brake bleeds, etc aren't so mileage critical that you have to worry about exact mileage. I ride year round here so my bike is never in storage mode.

I was going to do a few things yesterday but ended up help swap a 2001 Jeep engine/trans into a 1987 Jeep.

I need to change end links (again) on the Focus and remove the rear driveshaft in the Jeep to lube it.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I was going to do a few things yesterday but ended up help swap a 2001 Jeep engine/trans into a 1987 Jeep.

I need to change end links (again) on the Focus and remove the rear driveshaft in the Jeep to lube it.

Now just wait for the piston skirt crack failure.

I'm sure you guys have the psi in the tires set? I make sure my battery is 100% too. I do 'tend' to it periodically over the winter.

during storage I put the tire pressure 2 psi over to compensate for cold temps and batteries are tendered nearly 100% in sub-35 degree temps...they are tendered 1-2 times per week currently since the temps are warmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back