Rotella T5 10W30 in my CR-V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running T-5 in my sons 1994 jeep grand cherokee with 180K miles and it starts everyday in the frozen tundra of central wisconsin where he attends school no calls for help me dad , had it up to St cloud last week end -25 with out the wind chill , no problems ,

Rotella T5 does well in cold weather , my fleet runs it in the freightliners and IHC tractors we lease with no starting issues

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
-8 this morning in the wonderful mountains of WV and guess what? my 03 CR-V started very easily and was very quiet this morning with 10W30 in the sump!! Can you believe it??
smile.gif

BTW- I'm running the T5 as part of a cleaning regimen to help with the oil control ring problem on this engine and to help slow consumption until its fixed. I normally run 5W30 in everything I own.

Sorry, had to poke a little fun at all the 0W thin oil crowd...
wink.gif

Very interested in your experimenting with your ring cleaning issues. Please keep us posted on your progress. I have the same engine. Not currently using any oil but it is good to know options are available if the problem does arise. I may do a quick preventative soak when I change my plugs.

Originally Posted By: Nitronoise
I have been running T-5 in my sons 1994 jeep grand cherokee with 180K miles and it starts everyday in the frozen tundra of central wisconsin where he attends school no calls for help me dad , had it up to St cloud last week end -25 with out the wind chill , no problems ,

Rotella T5 does well in cold weather , my fleet runs it in the freightliners and IHC tractors we lease with no starting issues

Re: Rotella T5 10W30 in my CR-V!
heck, yeah a 10-30er! I am fixing to get on some 10-30 goodness in my next and upcoming OCI. I have about 5500 miles on this current PUP OCI and it is superb at both cleaning and performance most notably when I push the ECT POWER button. (I plan on leaving it on tho maybe not during the first start of the day)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back