Havoline 5W-30 SN, 4.9k mi, 120 ml Liquimoly MOS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like MSO2 so I added 120 ml of Liqui Moly MOS2 Anti Friction treatment (120ml is 5 doses from 2 cans). The oil filter is a Nissan part, the air cleaner is original. Viscosity is on the light end of a 5w-30, but that was also found in the VOA. This engine has an oil-to-water heat exchanger so that could be the source of the copper. I wouldn't mind the iron being lower, but it doesn't bother me at this level with only 15k on the engine.

Havoline 5w-30 SN VOA and discussion here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2253015/

Quote:
Comments: Copper is a bit elevated in this sample, but considering the young age on the motor, we're guessing this might just be lingering wear-in stuff that needs to work its way out of the engine. Other metals look good compared to averages, which are based on about 5,600 miles on the oil, and no contamination was apparent. The viscosity was fine for a 5W/30-grade oil, and the low silicon and insolubles readings show no problems with air or oil filtration. We'll look forward to seeing copper progress from here.

Code:

OIL H5w30

MILES IN USE 4.9k

MILES 15.1k

SAMPLE TAKEN 12/02/15

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 19

COPPER 37

LEAD 0

TIN 2

MOLYBDENUM 192

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 4

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 36

SILICON 16

SODIUM 57

CALCIUM 1634

MAGNESIUM 35

PHOSPHORUS 546

ZINC 677

BARIUM 0

SUS Vis @ 210°F 55.3

cSt Vis @ 100°C 8.86

Flashpoint °F 385

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0.0

Water % 0.0

Insolubles % 0.2

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Under 15K miles, I'd also say the report was great!

+2

It did shear out of grade.. 9.3-12.0 is a 30 operating viscosity. No fuel dilution so the motor was hard on this oil. Evidently these Nissan motors are hard on oil has well.

As I don't have a VOA from the particular jug of Havoline I used I don't know if the moly in my UOA came entirely from the Liqui Moly I added or if there was some already in the Havoline. The PQIA test showed 55ppm, but a 2011 test showed none.

My current fill is straight 5w-30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, the oil filter is the same Nissan part and I have not touched the air filter. PUP will go back in, but as I used the last of my "free" Nissan oil filters I'll be installing a Fram Ultra. Depending upon the results of the PUP UOA I may run the next fill to 7500 or 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back